This is definitely an “ID ten T” problem, so it should be easy for y’all to solve…
- I registered 3 domain names with godaddy;
- next I created a hosting account here with Dreamhost;
- I used sftp to upload an index.html file and a JPEG that my cheesy “placeholder” page displays;
- then I logged into my godaddy account and changed the nameservers to ns1.dreamhost.com etc.
- I performed a tracert from a WinXP terminal window to my domain name, and amazingly the 10th hop was right into apache2-heavy.persephone.dreamhost.com; that was fast!
- I then tried to direct my browser to my domain but I got an empty directory, and then tried to open “www.mydirectory.com/index.html” but got a 404.
- I just logged back in to persephone and I can see the html file in /home/.sox/dsprichard, but again my browser comes up with an empty directory.
What am I doing wrong?