I’m a very novice user and really messed up my site by entering some code into my function.php file (based on some research of different ways to install Google Analytics after the simple code pasting into pages didn’t seem to work).

I now can’t access my site at all and need to do something with the FTP apparently. My question is- what on earth do I enter for the FTP username and password? Is this something I need to set up elsewhere?

Apologies for the ridiculous question. I have learned my lesson and will not get overconfident again!

Not a ridiculous question! We’ve all been new to this at some point :slight_smile:

As for your FTP credentials, you can refer to the email we sent you when you first set up your FTP. There, you’ll find your username and FTP server. If you forgot your password, you can just head on over to your DreamHost panel, and under “Manage Users”, click “Edit” to the right of your user and change your password. It takes 5-10 minutes to take effect, but after that you should be able to log in!

If you find yourself needing help, please don’t hesitate to email our awesome support team, we’ll be happy to help: http://bit.ly/SlXpjh :slight_smile:

You should be able to access your website via DH panel --> Domains --> Manage Domains --> WebFTP

You can manage your users via DH panel --> Users --> Manage Users