Emails randomly not received/delivered

Hi,

For the past few weeks I have been having issues with emails randomly not being delivered to one of my email addresses, also some outgoing email not being delivered to the recipient. Email from the same sender sometimes did get through, sometimes it didn’t. Interestingly it seems that in most cases when one of the senders in question answered to one of my emails, his answer actually did get through.

I have contacted Dreamhost support several times, their records didn’t show anything suspicious. The senders also didn’t get any bounceback or any other error messages.

Does anyone else have similar issues? This has become a pretty big problem, so I really appreciate any suggestions how to solve this!

Thank you very much! Best,

Ben

My client has been having similar trouble recently, with outgoing mail.

Some messages get through, others get a bounce-back message (according to Dreamhost’s support it’s from recipients whose servers have a greylist), some fail to send from the email client but go through later, while others just disappear, and they don’t know it hasn’t arrived till the recipient phones them to ask why they haven’t mailed them as promised.

It’s feeling very random and intermittent, and it’s been going on for about two weeks. I’d love to find out what’s behind this and how to fix it.

Have you checked junk mail on the server?

That grey list excuse is BS. They have been giving me the same lame excuse for the past 2 months after I discovered that all emails send from dreamhost to *.iway.na addresses (the biggest ISP in Namibia) bounce after 3 days.

They don’t seem to understand that it is their problem is their servers do not work with other servers, not customer’s. They just lost a few new customers thanks to their no can do -attitude.

The biggest issue with their email servers are that there is no warning or notification if the email delivery is taking over 24 hours. That is why there is no way to know if the emails went through before the 3 days/72 hours timeout and the final failure message. That is simply not acceptable.

We must have:

1. Can-do attitude solving such email issues with all third parties directly and not pushing customers do that or giving lame excuses why not to do it
  2. 24 hours delay warnings if email delivery is delayed more than 24 hours

Advice your clients to move elsewhere, I am doing the same until these 2 issues get fixed.

How about starting a new thread to work this through as a new issue, rather than necromancing a thread that’s two years old that might have nothing to do with the current environment?

Waste of time. A senior support engineer already admitted to me that their email system is such a mess that they don’t date to do any changes nor try to fix it. The golden rule if it works don’t touch applies, although it does not work. I fixed the issue by moving customers over to another hosting.

Dreamhost is supposedly trying to fix the email problems right now. It’s not going well…
Email Upgrades Are On The Way

Since 2016??

Old topic?

It’s still not working now!!!