Emails not being received

When I tried to test some things on the website I manage just now, I was not receiving the relevant emails at either account I tried (yahoo, and uni mailservice). The emails are sent with php’s mail() function, and I was not having trouble receiving emails sent from this page prior to now. Nothing seems to have changed that would be relevant, and I see no status announcements, so I’m not sure what’s up? Any input would be appreciated.

are you on vps? check the mailq and the mail log on your server and try to find some information over there.

are you able to send emails via webmail? If something is wrong with mail server setting, you will need to ask DH support to have a look

Not on vps, so I’m guessing that means I can’t check those things.

I am able to send and receive emails via webmail, but no emails from either the contact form or the registration form are being received at any email address. Both were working last time I checked, and I’ve verified that all the variables going into mail() are okay, so I’m really not sure where the problem is.

What is the “from” address of the emails not being received? Is it “from” your own domain?

Hi, I have problems with function mail() too.

I tried with making a simple mail but I didn’t receive nothing. My exemples:

1 --------- result ok but I didn’t receive the mail
[php]if (mail(“oscar@…”,“Test Mail”,“Body mail”)) echo “ok”;
else echo “error”;[/php]

2 --------- result ok but I didn’t receive the mail
[php][quote]$mailfrom = “sender@…”;
$title= “Test mail”;
$cap = "From: " . $mailfrom . “<” . $mailfrom . “>\r\n”;
$cap .= "Return-path: " . $mailfrom . “\r\n”;
$cap .= “MIME-Version: 1.0\n”;
$cap .= “Content-type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1\n”;
$cap .= “Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT\n”;
$cap .= “Content-description: Mail message body\n\n”;

$msg= “<font face=“arial”>TEST”;

if (mail(“oscar@…”,$title,$msg,$cap)) echo “ok”;
else echo “Error”;[/quote][/php]

I’m having the same problem as of today. Had worked fine previously.

Same issue here. Just started working as of 12:43PM, though.

I still had email capabilities while the mail fucntion wasn’t working.

I just received the emails but with delay (between 30 and 60 minutes).

I just got a response from support. He said their mail relay servers are backlogged.

To avoid this, use SMTP authentication to send emails. That way it uses the SMTP servers instead of mail relay servers.

I found this page to include code to use SMTP authentication: http://email.about.com/od/emailprogrammingtips/qt/PHP_Email_SMTP_Authentication.htm

This means that will we receive the emails of yesterday and today? or have been lost?

We should receive them, allegedly. However, he did not have an ETA.

The funny thing is, I’ve yet to receive the legitimate emails I was supposed to receive on Sunday. I’ve also yet to receive the emails of tests I did this morning, but I did start receiving the emails of tests I ran starting at 12:43PM.

So, who knows?

http://phpmailer.worxware.com/ <- Really good stuff (and free!)