Email

Help!! I have an on line business and trying to set up POP 3 accounts with Dreamhost is the most confusing experience I have ever had with a Host. maybe its because when I go to mailboxes.wylde.com or webmail.wylde.com it says the page does not exist. I have tried both outlook express and Thunderbird and nothing can connect and have no idea if I set them up right online and… I have emailed Tech Support a few times but am upset that there isn’t a phone number to get ahold of them. I guess I will have to email hourly!

This is the panel where you create them:
https://panel.dreamhost.com/index.cgi?tree=mail.addresses&current_step=Index&next_step=New&domain=

Here are the basic settings that your mail program will need to access the pop account.

Incoming Mail Server: mail.yourdomain.com
username: (your “Mailbox Login”)
password: (your pass to mailbox login)
SMTP (outgoing mail server): mail.yourdomain.com
SMTP Port: 25 (sometimes ISPs block that so dreamhost also allows you to use port 587.
SMTP username: (your “Mailbox Login”)
SMTP password: (your pass to mailbox login)

willscorner.net

Here’s a chunk of KB articles in case they help: https://panel.dreamhost.com/kbase/index.cgi?area=924

MacManX.com

Have tried everything I can think of on Outlook Express and Thunderbird and for each its saying my password is erroring out. I am just glad the their on line Webmail is working now, so until someone gets around to calling me(next Week) I can check my messages on line.

[quote]trying to set up POP 3 accounts with Dreamhost is the most confusing experience I have ever had
with a Host.

[/quote]

Sympathies. I too had a lot of trouble at first. Much of it turned out to be due to undocumented propagation delays inside the DH systems. Panel changes often fail to take effect in the time the Panel says, and until you know this, the effects can be very confusing.

[quote]mailboxes.wylde.com

[/quote]

I suggest you don’t use that. I found parts of it just doesn’t work (Support says it is due to be fixed-up) and it was much simpler to use the Panel’s ‘Email Addresses’ page.

[quote]or webmail.wylde.com it says the page does not exist.

[/quote]

For what it’s worth it is accessible here. What do you get from plain wylde.com ?