Email To Support

I’ve tried to go through the Dreamhost Panel to send a message to support. However I get what’s noted below. I’ve tried by IE and FireFox. Is there an alternate way to contact support.

attempt to access field ‘Domains’ in object of class Ndn::Billing::Account at /usr/local/lib/site_perl/Ndn/Common/Object.pm line 947
Ndn::Common::Object::AUTOLOAD(‘Ndn::Billing::Account=HASH(0xb7ecc74)’, ‘Ndn::People::Person=HASH(0xb45f858)’) called at /usr/local/lib/site_perl/Ndn/Dhwebpanel/Support/Contact.pm line 60
Ndn::Dhwebpanel::Support::Contact::Index::Display(‘Ndn::Dhwebpanel::Support::Contact::Index’) called at /usr/local/lib/site_perl/Ndn/Common/Nza.pm line 626
Ndn::Common::Nza::DisplayStep(‘Ndn::Dhwebpanel::Support::Contact=HASH(0xb553d44)’, ‘Index’, ‘HASH(0xb5561dc)’, 1, 1) called at /usr/local/lib/site_perl/Ndn/Common/Nza.pm line 223
Ndn::Common::Nza::fill(‘Ndn::Dhwebpanel::Support::Contact=HASH(0xb553d44)’, ‘Ndn::Common::Context=HASH(0xb517d94)’) called at /usr/local/lib/site_perl/Ndn/Common/TreeNav.pm line 375
eval {…} called at /usr/local/lib/site_perl/Ndn/Common/TreeNav.pm line 375
Ndn::Common::TreeNav::ANON(‘HASH(0xb553d80)’, ‘ARRAY(0xb829cb8)’, ‘ARRAY(0xb828004)’, ‘tree=support.msg&’, 3, ‘panel_panel_’, ‘panel’) called at /usr/local/lib/site_perl/Ndn/Common/TreeNav.pm line 291
Ndn::Common::TreeNav::ANON(‘HASH(0xb553e64)’, ‘ARRAY(0xb829cb8)’, ‘ARRAY(0xb829e5c)’, ‘tree=support&’, 2, ‘panel_panel_’, ‘panel’) called at /usr/local/lib/site_perl/Ndn/Common/TreeNav.pm line 291
Ndn::Common::TreeNav::ANON(‘HASH(0xb553f30)’, ‘ARRAY(0xb829cb8)’, ‘ARRAY(0xb851010)’, ‘’, 1, ‘panel_panel_’, ‘panel’) called at /usr/local/lib/site_perl/Ndn/Common/TreeNav.pm line 398
Ndn::Common::TreeNav::Render(‘Ndn::Common::TreeNav=HASH(0xb829c58)’, ‘Ndn::Common::Context=HASH(0xc2c5070)’) called at /usr/local/lib/site_perl/Ndn/Dhwebpanel.pm line 796
Ndn::Dhwebpanel::Main(‘Ndn::Common::Context=HASH(0xc2c5070)’) called at /usr/local/lib/site_perl/Ndn/Dhwebpanel.pm line 995
Ndn::Dhwebpanel::Display(‘Ndn::Common::Context=HASH(0xc2c5070)’) called at /usr/local/lib/site_perl/Ndn/Dhwebpanel.pm line 227
Ndn::Dhwebpanel::ProcQuery(‘Ndn::Common::Context=HASH(0xc2c5070)’) called at /usr/local/ndn/web/dhwebpanel/index.cgi line 27
Apache::ROOTpanel_2edreamhost_2ecom::index_2ecgi::handler(‘Apache=SCALAR(0x9074680)’) called at /usr/lib/perl/5.6.1/Apache/Registry.pm line 149
eval {…} called at /usr/lib/perl/5.6.1/Apache/Registry.pm line 149
Apache::Registry::handler(‘Apache=SCALAR(0x9074680)’) called at /dev/null line 0
eval {…} called at /dev/null line 0

You could email support@dreamhost.com, but use an email address you have used with them in the past. That’s the only way they will have to link your email to an account at Dreamhost.

I’m encountering the same problem. It’s funny as hell if you ask me, but I hope they’ll fix it soon.

Their email system or parts of it must be messed up. Mine are BLANK when they come to my in box lol.

LOL! Ubernet borked?

happylittlethings.com

I don’t think they know about it otherwise they would have issued and announcement (via panel) or it would be working by now.

status.dreamhost.com is updated manually so it’s pretty much useless unless the network is down or something bad happens. Like that time when the interface card to L3 went bad.

[rant]It’s times like these that I wish DreamHost has a contact number but it would get abused by lots of users asking for just plain support.
It would be nice if there was a way to contact support quickly to notify of a critical service being down. Like when a mysql server crashes @ 5:00 AM EST on a Saturday morning or when the support panel is down for all customers.[/rant]

happylittlethings.com
Promo Code: WJD50 - $50.00 off any DreamHost plan

This is but one reason (along with the hideous and confusing control panel interface and non-mailbox email usernames - huh?) I am no longer recommending Dreamhost: No direct way to get in touch with support. No phone number, no chat.

Ridiculous for a host this big and this well thought-of, at least by those in the blogosphere that sing their praises so much - but link to them conspicuously with referral URLs.

They know about it now. I know this because they responded to an email of mine about it.

Wooties! It’s all fixed-like now. I knew they’d get around to it quick, but it was still funny as all get out.