Email Setup

How do I setup Outlook to get my email thru DH?? I tried email to my bo@bo-amy.com account and this is the error I’m getting in hotmail…

This is the Postfix program at host spoon.dreamhost.com.

I’m sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be
be delivered to one or more recipients. It’s attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The Postfix program

m9248358@spoon.dreamhost.com (expanded from bo@bo-amy.com): unknown user:
“m9248358”

What is that???

Also, how do I do this??

You should always have a valid postmaster@domain.com address or some domains may not accept email from you.

It almost sounds as though the email address in question is not fully fuctional at DH. Did you reecently create this email box? Contrary to DH panel messages, I have found it to take as long as 48 hours for the mailbox to be created on occasion. Can you reach the email address via webmail?
–rlparker

The creating a postmaster account part is easy.

From the control pannel, go to “mail”, then “manage addresses”. Click "Enter a Enter a new address, using “postmaster” as the name. Click the “Create a new email address” link.

In the “Email sent to” field, put in postmaster

Click the “will be delivered to these email addresses” radio button and enter the email address you want it delivered to (ie: bo@bo-amy.com).

Take the check out of the box “deliver to this mailbox:” and hit the create button at the bottom.

If someone emails postmaster at your domain, it will now be delivered to the bo account.

Creating one for “abuse” is always a spiffy idea too.