Email Set up w DH hosted domain

Searching the dreamhost forum, but finding that I may be too new even for the newbie questions there. Hoping someone can answer my basic questions! (please be gentle - I am not a developer, but an end user roped into getting this set up, so am really unfamiliar with everything from the language to tech stuff, etc)

For an organization, I’ve set up a dreamhost web hosting account and a new domain name. I want to set up a bunch of email addresses @newdomain.com for our various board members. I want to ensure that when people respond to emails no matter where they view it, it will show as from person@newdomain.com (not person@yahoo.com or person@gmail.com, for example)

What’s the best and easiest way for me to set up a bunch of people who are on the board of an org so that they can access organization-related email from wherever they are, and have responses show up as person@newdomain.com?

How about if each person “oversees” responsibility for a generic address (marcom@newdomain.com, membership@newdomain.com, etc)

Here are some specific questions, but I may not even have asked everything I need to know:

(1) is it better to use dreamhost Webmail that’s part of my hosting pkg or set up a Google Apps?
(2) if Google Apps - is the free edition okay or should I get the premier edition? (will likely be light usage)
(3) if dreamhost, it says I can access email from their hosted portal … so why am I asked to put a forwarding address? I’m setting up some general emails (info@newdomain.com) and some personal (johndoe@newdomain.com). Should I enter forwarding email addresses for these, and should it be non-dreamhost addresses (like my personal @gmail address)?
(4) if I access dreamhost from IMAP or POP (gmail, yahoo,hotmail, Outlook), will an email response show up as me@newdomain.com?

Does anything differ if I’m doing johndoe@newdomain.com versus marcom@newdomain.com?

Thank you thank you thank you!!