Email: Server config problem

Checking email is fine, but smtp is wonky right now. Everyone’s email hosted on our account gets the following error:

"Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: XXXXXXXXXX - 6/2/06
Sent: 6/2/2006 11:31 AM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

‘XXXXXXXXX’ on 6/2/2006 11:31 AM
450 Server configuration problem

‘XXXXXXXXX’ on 6/2/2006 11:31 AM
450 Server configuration problem"

Anyone else having this prob?

My SMTP is also wonky. I reported it as a system-wide problem in the support area of the panel, and the outage was verified a minute later, so at least they know something is up.

Hopefully it’s being worked on, but there are almost 1000! support requests open – seems like a lot of things are going kablooie these days.

“but there are almost 1000! support requests open”

Make that 1012 open requests right now. This is intolerable. SMTP has been down for over 3 hours and not a peep on the status page.

I think the smtp and mail outages have just been fixed. All my spam is coming in now!

Norm

Opinions are my own views and are not the views of DreamHost.
Any advice offered by me should be acted upon only at your own risk.

Agreed,

I’m just amazed that Dreamhost isn’t more consistently proactive about communicating.

Some issues they communciate on the status page right away - others like this aren’t.

My email started flowing in again after a 12.5 hour delay.

Nothin on the status page.

I did get a brief note from 9 hours earlier saying everything was fixed (mistaken obviously).

Even though the email was getting delivered into my Maildir folders - it couldnt’ be read as I was having authentication problems.

Finally fixed after 18 hours.

I understand problems happen - I’m really impressed with Dreamhost, but if this keeps happening; I’ll need to move somewhere else.

Email is just too important.

Regards,

PHT