Email sent to redirect domain

Currently we have a redirect domain, www.naccweb.org, that points to www.crecweb.org. However, emails to addresses @naccweb.org do not redirect to addresses @crecweb.org. According to the wiki, this behavior is automatic. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a panel fix or is it a dreamhost config prob? Thanks!

Jeff

Have you setup the corresponding email addresses at crecweb.org?

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

Yep, and that’s the nature of the problem–when a message is sent to userx@naccweb.org it does not make its way to userx@crecweb.org, which is a valid, working address.

Jeff

Strange, the wiki article most definitely states that emails will be redirected if the corresponding addresses have been created on the target domain. Unfortunately, I do not currently have any re-directed domains configured, so I can not test the behaviour myself.

I would suggest lodging a support request outlining the issue and asking if the wiki article is indeed correct.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

It is incorrect. The redirect/mirror/parked/cloaked options of the DreamHost Panel under “Manage Domains” apply to Web hosting only.

One can mirror email addresses using the “Custom MX” panel in the Mail section.

Interestingly, it appears one can no longer enable or disable mail service on a per-domain basis anymore.

I’ve updated the Redirect Domain and Mirror Domain Wiki articles to reflect the DreamHost Panel options.

:cool: Perl / MySQL / HTML CSS