Email Query

Hello.

Myself and my business partner are very interested in becoming a customer of DreamHost.

We do have a query regarding email however which we hope someone can help us with.

Are we able to use Microsoft Exchange with the DreamHost hosting plans?

What options are there for webmail other than Squirrel mail?

I appreciate a reply to my questions.

Thanks

[quote]Are we able to use Microsoft Exchange with the DreamHost hosting plans?

[/quote]

No, Microsoft Exchange is not supported by Dreamhost

[quote]What options are there for webmail other than Squirrel mail?

[/quote]

Dreamhost does not offer any other options, but you’re free to install other software, such as Roundcube (instructions for installation here)

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on all yearly plans using promo code [color=#CC0000]PHEWSEPHIFTY[/color] when you sign up!

Thanks for the information!

I know that some people have used custom DNS entries to point to their own MS Exchange server (or other mail hosting such as gmail for domains) without trouble.

It is possible to install your own scripts here and a few people have expressed pleasure with roundcube. In fact, there’s a begging session going on from a good number of users to have DH replace squirrel mail with roundcube.

Hope this helps. A lot of information might be found for you in the wiki (although I didn’t find any references to MS Exchange)

Wholly

It should be no problem at all, although I cannot imagine why you should want to do this. With the ability to edit your MX record, almost any email configuration is theoretically possible.

Squirrelmail is just what DreamHost freely provides. In theory, you can install almost any webmail client in your personal webserver space. For example, many have successfully installed RoundCube.

Simon’s website
Save $100 on 1-year plans with promo code [color=#CC0000]SCJESSEY100[/color] (details)

Damn you guys are fast.

Wholly

I obviously need to learn to type more quickly!

Simon’s website
Save $100 on 1-year plans with promo code [color=#CC0000]SCJESSEY100[/color] (details)

The 2nd worm gets the bird.

Cut the code, [color=#CC0000]it’s their birthday:[/color] [color=#00CC00]9999 => $99.99 Off[/color]

:frowning:

We need to take a course to improve our keyboard skill

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color].

Just to say, after reading the replies in this thread, I have just installed roundcube. Went without a problem at all, worked perfectly, pretty easy to set up!

Quit encouraging me (to install roundcube)! I almost did it myself yesterday.

Wholly

Go oooooon

Took me… ooh, 20 minutes?