Email problems on spacey cluster

Is anyone but me still having serious issues with service on the spacey cluster?
Responses to my support tickets indicate that they are working on swapping out hardware but my email and websites go down on a daily basis.
I have clients calling me demanding that I move them to another hosting company.

AND TODAY! This is a whole new trick that’s being played on me.
Starting last night around 9-10 PM EST my mail server decided that it’s going to be finicky. Sometimes it accepts my username and password and sometimes it rejects it. This has been going on for more than 12 hours on my domains.

I telneted into the mail server to see what was happening. Here’s what transcribed…

******$ telnet mail.punkbyte.com 110
Trying 208.97.132.77…
Connected to mail.punkbyte.com.
Escape character is ‘^]’.
+OK Hello there.
USER *****@punkbyte.com
+OK Password required.
PASS **********
-ERR Temporary problem, please try again later
Connection closed by foreign host.

WTF!? So I try again…

*****$ telnet mail.punkbyte.com 110
Trying 208.97.132.77…
Connected to mail.punkbyte.com.
Escape character is ‘^]’.
+OK Hello there.
USER ******@punkbyte.com
+OK Password required.
PASS **********
+OK logged in.

Webmail seems to be just as finicky. Sometimes it will let me log in. Other times it won’t.

Is anyone else seeing this or just me.

-jeff

Yeah, one of my clients’ sites is on spacey and has had some intermittent downtime. I sent them a ticket, and they responded by saying they’re still working on it. Hopefully it gets fixed soon…

For 30% more diskspace, 30% more bandwidth, and $40 off use promo code [color=#CC0000]THEFULLMONTY[/color]

Web Design and Development