Email problem

I can send email and they are showing in in my sent box but they are not being received. I have no problem with incoming mail. Any suggestions? I need to get this sorted quickly.

[quote]I can send email and they are showing in in my sent box but they are not being received. I have no problem with incoming mail. Any suggestions? I need to get this sorted quickly.

[/quote]

You may want to render more details, like e.g. are you using DH’s webmail (SquirrelMail) or MS Outlook? How do you know that they are not being received? Have you sent YOURSELF a couple of test mail? Have you sent mail to MORE THAN 1 recepient (since perhaps THEY may have some incoming mail problem). Of course, it may be your ISP that is having some downtime, etc., etc.

Yours Truly, nameslave

nameslave.com - Buying and selling domain names since 1997
HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting

Thanks for your response.

I’m using Suirrel Mail. Have sent tests to several people including my other email address. Nothing is being received. No problem with incoming mail.

Mick

[quote]are you using DH’s webmail (SquirrelMail) or MS Outlook?

[/quote]

That hardly exhausts the possibilities… somebody could be using a decent mail program, like Pegasus Mail or Mozilla Thunderbird!

– Dan

[quote]That hardly exhausts the possibilities… somebody could be using a decent mail program, like Pegasus Mail or Mozilla Thunderbird!

[/quote]

Okay, okay … I KNOW that there are people watching Beta video. LOL! I should have added “e.g.” before MS Outlook. Of course, I hate MS: they killed my favorite browser and E-mail client - Netscape and Eudora respectively.

[color=#CC0000]name[/color]slave
Domain Registration, Web Hosting & Search Engine Optimization

How did MS kill Eudora? Outlook drove me TO Eudora.

[quote]How did MS kill Eudora? Outlook drove me TO Eudora.

[/quote]

Do you really need a death certificate similar to the one issued for Netscape a few months ago? I don’t like it either, but resistance is futile. [/Joke]

Eudora is still around last I heard, though I use Pegasus myself.

Netscape is dead, but Mozilla lives on.

– Dan

Sorry to interupt your little squabble but my email problem is still not solved. All outgoing messages are showing in my sent box but nothing is arriving. The Dreamhost guy seems clueless. Any ideas?

aw c’mon, give the guy a break, his plea for help thread got hijacked and drowned by the old mailclient/browser/maclinuxpc pissing contest and his squirrelmail is screwed up. I might be a bit crabby as well if I were in his place :wink:

If this is squirrelmail just keep on support about it, it will get solved. They aren’t clueless at all =) I’m having a hard time thinking about support sending a mail back sayin “gee, dunno, have a nice day…” or somesuch.

[color=#0000CC]jason[/color]

[quote]Sorry to interupt your little squabble but my email problem is still not solved. All outgoing messages are showing in my sent box but nothing is arriving. The Dreamhost guy seems clueless. Any ideas?

[/quote]

Oops! Sorry that I almost forgot about your problem. Yes, if you are using Squirrel Mail, you should ask DH support for help since they are the one who installed the script and are supposed to know how it works on their servers. A number of my clients have been using Squirrel Mail for quite a while with no problem at all.