Email PHP forms stopped working on all my websites?

Hi there,

Anyone noticing any problems with sending PHP forms from websites?

Got a few basic forms on some websites which have been working fine but now seem to have stopped sending so don’t know if the server is just being slow or something has changed?

[php]

<?php
$to = “email address”; // change to your email address
$name = $_POST[‘name’];
$phone = $_POST[‘phone’];
$email = $_POST[‘email’];
$enquiry = $_POST[‘enquiry’];
$d = date(‘l dS \of F Y h:i:s A’);

$sub      = "Website Enquiry";
                        $headers  = "From: $name <$email>\n";  
                        $headers .= "Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1\n"; // Can be text/plain

$mes      = "<strong>Name:</strong> ".$name."<br /><br />";
                        $mes     .= "<strong>Phone:</strong> ".$phone."<br />" ;
                        $mes     .= "<strong>Email:</strong> ".$email."<br /><br />";
                        $mes     .= '<strong>Enquiry:</strong><br />'.$enquiry."<br /><br />";
                        $mes     .= 'Date & Time: '.$d;

mail($to, $sub, $mes, $headers);
                        print "   Thank you ".$name." for contacting us.<br /><br />We will be in touch shortly.";
                    ?></p>[/php]

TJ.

Might be the same issue.

It comes and goes.
Let us know when all works again in a few days.

I contacted Dreamhost support who replied:

"[color=#FF0000]Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

It looks like your message are not going through do to this policy that
we recently enforced:

–> http://dhurl.org/20b

Basically, your form’s “From” header has to be set with real address
that’s hosted by us, otherwise our server won’t send the email.

So this means that you will need to update your form’s code, so that the
above condition is satisfied.[/color]"

So this means I will need to work my way through over 30 websites setting the From address as a genuine address!

Pretty bad!

Hmm, I’m testing a php script that mails a user for password recovery, and in the about 20 instances I’ve used it to test sending mail, 1 mail got to a mailbox.

That’s disconcerting.

It’s sending from a valid email address I’ve set up that’s only for sending out these mails, and no one else has used it but me for these tests.
[hr]
On this note, a second email arrived, and when I checked the header, it spent at least a hour traveling between multiple dreamhost servers before being sent out to gmail.

But at least it arrived. All the others haven’t been so lucky.

Someone really needs to check into this.

My php contact forms are not working.

Additionally, any emails sent to my Dreamhost hosted email address via Gmail are not working. This is a huge problem.

Anyone have an idea what to do with this?

Email was seriously delayed the last couple days, though that should be clearing up now.

RedCouch, is your contact form sending emails from the domain name you have hosted with us?

Ipstenu-

Yes, my contact is set up to send from a DH hosted email.

Can you share the script? Or what site it’s on, and I can take a look on your server.