Email Migration?

Hey Dreamhost folks,

I was wondering, what kind of email migration options would our client have if they came to you? We’ve got a client that’s currently got a local maintained server that they no longer want to deal with, and we figure migration to Dreamhost might be a great way to do it, but we’re looking for a way to keep their IMAP accounts intact.

Is there an easy way to do this right now?

I never tried, but there’s this software :
http://migrationtool.sourceforge.net/

Get [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] Off with promo code :[color=#CC0000]97USA[/color] :cool: -->choose your plan (promo code included)

Just open up Thunderbird (or any IMAP client) and have both accounts set up. Just drag the mail from old to new.

Nice and simple :).

For 30% more diskspace, 30% more bandwidth, and $40 off use promo code [color=#CC0000]THEFULLMONTY[/color]

Web Design and Development

If we’re migrating domains to the site, it’s not quite that simple, but yes, that’s possible.

As far as I know, DH does not provide any “migration tools” per se, though you have a lot of options available to you because you have shell access at DH.

“Easy” is a relative term - what is easy to one might be very difficult for another. You might find some useful information in this DreamHost Wiki article on Importing Email. Good Luck!

–rlparker