Email issues

Trying to use webmail on any of my mail accounts, I get this screen initially, I then go back and reenter info, and sometimes it works.

Array
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/squirrelmail-1.4.6/src/redirect.php:96) in /usr/local/squirrelmail-1.4.6/src/redirect.php on line 105

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/squirrelmail-1.4.6/src/redirect.php:96) in /usr/local/squirrelmail-1.4.6/plugins/dreamhost_virtualhosts/setup.php on line 220

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/squirrelmail-1.4.6/src/redirect.php:96) in /usr/local/squirrelmail-1.4.6/plugins/dreamhost_virtualhosts/setup.php on line 221

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/squirrelmail-1.4.6/src/redirect.php:96) in /usr/local/squirrelmail-1.4.6/src/redirect.php on line 173

i had this happen before. I had used up all the space for that particular email with emails in the old-messages folder. So, when I went in to webmail to delete the messages from the old-messages folder, I got the same errors you show.

I went in to mail in the web admin panel and added more space to that email. Whether it was just opening up and saving changes to that particular email, or actually adding more space, I don’t know, but the error went away shortly after.

i’ve been getting this error sporadically too, but i only seem to be using 2% of the space i’ve alotted to the address at the moment, so i don’t think that’s what the problem is… does anybody else have any hints? it looks like a bit of debug code in redirect.php that somebody’s forgotten to take out, but i don’t think we have access to the code to check, do we?

It’s definitely not an issue that is related solely to an individual mailbox user’s space, as it happens with mailboxes that are near empty. It might be related to the pool of space available for all or for a cluster or users, though.

One of my clients is yelling pretty loudly about this, because it has been a fairly regular occurrence for the last few days (and, for some unfathomable reason, he actually prefers webmail over a POP3/IMAP client!). Usually, waiting a bit allows you to get into webmail, but is sure is frustrating and does not inspire confidence.

–rlparker

I am still getting these errors, after changing adjusting settings in the mail.

Basically I have to log in twice to get my webmail to work, Its getting really frustrating.

Array
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/squirrelmail-1.4.6/src/redirect.php:96) in /usr/local/squirrelmail-1.4.6/src/redirect.php on line 105

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/squirrelmail-1.4.6/src/redirect.php:96) in /usr/local/squirrelmail-1.4.6/plugins/dreamhost_virtualhosts/setup.php on line 226

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/squirrelmail-1.4.6/src/redirect.php:96) in /usr/local/squirrelmail-1.4.6/plugins/dreamhost_virtualhosts/setup.php on line 227

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/squirrelmail-1.4.6/src/redirect.php:96) in /usr/local/squirrelmail-1.4.6/src/redirect.php on line 173

These errors are generally not the result of your settings, but are more indicative of the program “crashing” at Dreamhost.

As I indicated in my previous post, it has been happening periodically for one of my clients for the past several days. I know of nothing you can do on your end to correct it.

In my experience, it has been corrected (or the condition at Dreamhost that causes it has corrected itself!) in relatively short order for this client (usually between 30 minutes and an hour) and then webmail works properly, until it does it again …(rinse, and repeat).

If the problem has not, or does not, resolve itself, you should submit a support ticket via the Control Panel and notify Dreamhost Tech Support of the problem (they may already know about it, but then again they may not :open_mouth: ).

–rlparker

Yeah, I had been having the probelm described here for a week or two. I could always get in to a webmail box on the second try.

But then, starting two days ago, I am unable to log in to any of my several webmail boxes, on several different domains.

Support has failed to respond for a day and a half so far.

I’m desperate.

And also, unfortunately, terribly disappointed with Dreamhost.

QT
"See, Hear, Smell, Taste, Touch, Touch, … Yes,
Touch"

I understand, and that has to be frustrating. Since you mentioned “desperate”, have you tried getting at your mail via POP3 or IMAP?

Or, if that isn’t available to you, trying pine or mutt from the shell?

While these may not be your preferred methods of accessing mail, they might get you by until Dreamhost get the problem(s) fixed. Just a thought :slight_smile:

–rlparker

I set up Thunderbird for one of the accounts, and that worked.

However, right after I used Thunderbird, I checked the webmail again and that was “working” too. So I’ve no way of knowing whether Thunderbird would have worked if webmail definitely hadn’t been.

By webmail “working,” I mean I first got the gibberish mentioned at the beginning of this thread and had to try to log in a second time, but I did get in then.

But the webmail was slower than molasses in January. Which I suppose means the problems (of the gibberish with need to log in twice and not being able to log in at all) are due to some sort of server overload or malfunction at Dreamhost.

I doubt it was something wrong with my connection to Dreamhost, because Thunderbird worked very quickly.

QT
"See, Hear, Smell, Taste, Touch, Touch, … Yes,
Touch"

Hey, whatever works! I’m glad you were able to get your mail. In my experience, POP3/IMAP usually works when the webmail program is “borked.”

I suspect you are right about it being some temporary DH condition, but they do need to get a handle on it.

POP3 has been extremely reliable for me, even when webmail is messed up.

–rlparker

I just got an email from Dreamhost support after submitting a ticket yesterday. They said they narrowed it down to one of their four webmail servers. They fixed it and all should be cool now.

Figured I’d pass it on.

Todd

Nice :slight_smile:
I was having the same problem.