Email issues

Hi, anyone else having problems sending emails?

I can’t send from outlook, I get a temporary lookup failure.

And in squirrel mail, I get the following error.

DB Error: connect failed Called from /usr/local/squirrelmail-1.4.4/plugins/amavisnewsql/setup.php on line 100
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: query() in /usr/local/squirrelmail-1.4.4/plugins/amavisnewsql/amavisnewsql.class.php on line 1055

Thunderbird (using IMAP) is freaking out for me. It keeps seeing hundreds of ‘new’ messages in my various inboxes, which are actually the messages that were already there. Then any time I click around, when it contacts the server to see if there are new messages, it’s about even odds that all the messages will disappear and then the headers will be re-downloaded.

Irritating, as I’m getting ‘blah@blah.com has 200 new messages’ notifications about every 2 minutes.

Also, the Panel seems hosed.

I’m not receiving domain email at all via Outlook (PC) and Mail (Mac). I was downloading email successfully until a few minutes before checking this forum.

They just made an announcement on the (broken) panel. ‘Strange systemwide issues.’

On suggestions, I would like one for “stop all new feature integration until basic things like email, apache… are stable.”

My email is down too.

Amen!!!

This is absolutely ridiculous!!

What am I supposed to tell the folks that rely on me for email? “But hey, I can have unlimited domains now and the web panel is redesigned!” Sure, that will work. Not.

Their e-mail problems are most definately not since 5:00 PM PT today as their emergency status indicates. Last Friday thru Sat my POP was dead. Monday one of my domain’s IMAP service died for an extended period of time.

Today (Tue) my POP/IMAP was offline starting at approx noon PT today and then came back online while I was out between 2:00 PM and 5:00 PM PT. But the problem is, I believe all mail sent during that time was dropped ON THE FLOOR – i.e. accepted by your MTA but never delivered to my mailbox. I.e. LOST!!! The same thing happened during my outage last Fri/Sat. I know this because I forward my mail to gmail.com as well and was able to recover important messages there.

In the short term I am going to switch to using gmail.com’s POP service since forwarding always seems to be pretty stable (except when DH has a network/power glitch). But long term I think I have to find a new hosting provider.

-Mike

[quote]“stop all new feature integration until basic things like email, apache… are stable.”

[/quote]

Well said, that man. And stop all plan upgrades until there is sufficient resources (hardware and wetware) to deal with the increased load that results.

[quote]Thunderbird (using IMAP) is freaking out for me. It keeps seeing hundreds of ‘new’ messages in my
various inboxes, which are actually the messages that were already there.

[/quote]

It is not just Thunderbird. On a different client here, 9h20mins ago DH POP3 delivered to me thousands of email messages that are duplicates of messages I’d already received over the last month.