EMail forwarding not working!

hello,

i have created one email id for my domain at DH. I have also set the forwarding of that emailid to my gmail ID. But i dont get any emails forwarded. Is there any other configuration to be done?

I did the forwarding from Manage EMail accounts from the panel of DH.

Jigar Mehta
India

Does that mail address also have a mailbox in addition to forwarding?

It sounds like you’ve set it up correctly, but if it’s a new domain here, then it takes a few days for all of the DNS information to propagate.

-Scott

Hello,

I am able to access the mail from my webmail.xyz.com and i am getting all the mails… even few mails are forwarded too (like my blog comment moderation!!) But some mails like crontab notices or any other mails are not being forwarded… would like if DH can have a look at their server logs !! If needed, i can provide some more details…

Jigar Mehta
India

Ok, so only some of the mail gets forwarded. I wonder if crontab bypasses any forwarding, but that’s strange. Maybe it’s possible to use two addresses in crontab’s MAILTO statement at the top of your crontab file:
MAILTO=user1@example.com,user2@gmail.com

Or as a bigger experiment, create another DreamHost mailbox and set your primary mailbox to be forward only to your Gmail account and your new DreamHost mailbox.

What other mail doesn’t get forwarded? Stuff mailed from outside of DreamHost? Other than moderation notices, what else does get forwarded?

-Scott

All external mails are forwarded but just internal mails like crontab notices are not forwarded.

as of now, i have just noticed one kind of mails those are not forwarded and those are crontab notices! all other mails are forwarded…

Jigar Mehta
India

Does setting the MAILTO variable in your crontab file to send to two addresses work?

-Scott

Hello,

I am new to unix and crntab environment!

Can you please elaborate or give some pointers where I can read somewhat more!! ? What will SENDTO do?

Jigar Mehta
India

Your crontab file should look something like:

MAILTO=you@yourdomain.com,you@gmail.com
30 * * * * /some/command/to/run

The MAILTO tells cron where to send the output. By default, it’s going to the owner’s (your) mailbox. Here’s the wiki link for crontabs:
http://wiki.dreamhost.com/index.php/Crontab

-Scott

http://wiki.dreamhost.com/index.php/Crontab#Output

So what are you celebrating today?!

They need more support help.
Cut the code: [color=#00CC00]9999=$99.99 Off[/color]