Email forwarding not working after port change

My Verizon FIOS account recently changed the port numbers and required SSL for email, and I finally got my WLM client properly configured so that I can receive email on that address which is But now it seems I can no longer receive emails forwarded to that address through my Dreamhost account. I can’t find any setings anywhere that need that updated information, and I don’t see any reason why it would need it.

I have Forward Only Email, with forwarded to And I have other domain email set up to forward, for instance, sent to All of these worked fine until 4PM yesterday when Verizon made their changes. But they no longer work, and I have many emails that are probably (hopefully) on the Dreamhost server but not being forwarded.

Any ideas? TIA!

BTW, I sent a test email to, and it is in my mailbox which I can view with squirrelmail (Dreamhost Webmail). I do not have webmail for the other addresses, and I cannot, because they are (supposedly) forwarded to another host.

[edit] Now it seems that new emails are being forwarded properly. But I am missing emails over the last 24 hours while my client was not properly configure. Any idea where those emails might be? Lost in cyberspace? Bit bucket?

[edit2] OK, my missing emails have now arrived. The dates/times are all bunched together, which I guess makes sense, since those were the times they were actually delivered to my WLM client. The headers show the sequence of events:

for; Fri, 16 Dec 2011 03:21:44 -0600 (CST)

for; Fri, 16 Dec 2011 01:21:48 -0800 (PST)

for; Fri, 16 Dec 2011 14:18:37 -0800 (PST)

for; Fri, 16 Dec 2011 16:23:57 -0600 (CST)

Interesting to follow the email trail, like my dog follows the peemail trail.

We just did some hardware work on “sumo” (the third server listed in the log you posted) — it’s possible that your emails were stuck on that server while it was down for maintenance.

Thanks. That may have been part of the problem. Would it be possible to send email alerts to customers when a server is down and back up? Or post an alert on your web site? I may have been confused by the Verizon changes that may have happened about the same time.

We generally try to keep customers apprised of issues like this on It looks like we neglected to post about this specific issue, though — sorry about that.

That is very helpful. I did not know about that rsource, and I’ll be sure to check the status if I have problems in the future. It was hard to determine where the problem was, since it coincided with the Verizon changes. I was amazed to see how many problems you guys deal with, especially things like the malicious DoS attacks. Can’t the perps be tracked down and stuffed into a bit bucket?