?Email Down?

I can’t login via POP or IMAP. Webmail produces the following:

“ERROR:
ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server.”

I contacted support about 4 hours ago, without any response.

Can anyone help me out? it’s really important I get it working in the next couple of hours.

Conail

A friend of mine who has a DH account on spree can’t read his email either, even via webmail. He gets the same error.

Meanwhile, I’m on aviation and I have no problems sending or reading email, via IMAP with Thunderbird or via webmail.

I’m not sure how things are laid out at DH, so I can’t be sure the machine has anything to do with it. But it’s the only substantive difference between my friend’s DH account and mine that I can think of.

A minor correction: yes, I’m aware IMAP is used for reading email, not sending it. So any references to sending email should be struck.

Same here. I submitted a report via the webpanel.

DreamHost has now resolved this issue for me.

I am experiencing the same problem and have for the past few days. It is still ongoing and I hope they have it fixed soon.

I received a timely response to my problem, after I filled out the RIGHT form :wink: Just wanted to let everyone know that Dreamhost IS listening and taking care of me. I am very happy with their service.

Here is the email they just sent:

Hello,

Sorry about that! Your e-mail addresses need to be reconfigured. It looks like a data move did not get completed correctly. I am taking care of this now and everything will be working properly in about an hour.

If you have any other questions or concerns, be sure to let me know!

Thanks!
Patrick