Email down?

I can’t send or receive emails on my domains. Anyone else got email down?

The Looney cluster was having some issues. POP/IMAP are working for me now but smtp is still down.

The system-wide tracker is reporting DH knows about the smtp problem.

wootindustries.com

SMTP is up now but very slow.

On the spunky cluster I can’t send or receive.

These outages (almost daily lately) are starting to work my nerves.

I’m having password error for all our email accounts and can’t send nor receive any emails. Anyone got the problem too?

Some errors goes like these:

A time-out occurred while communicating with the server. Account: ‘My account (myaccount.com)’, Server: ‘mail.myaccount.com’, Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19

There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: ‘My account (myaccount.com)’, Server: ‘mail.myaccount.com’, Protocol: POP3, Server Response: ‘-ERR Login failed.’, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD… FIX THE GODDAMN EMAIL ALREADY!

Can’t authenticate to email (via IMAP or webmail) here either. No info on the status blog.

Just reported it on my two accounts - both say DH has been aware of it for about an hour. We had a 2.5 hour outage yesterday… this is getting rediculous…

well seems we’ve got the same issue here and it can only mean one thing… there goes the email dying again…

In Mozilla mail I’m seeing error messages like:

Sending of password did not succeed. Mail server mail.domain.com responded: Login failed.

and

An error occurred with the POP3 mail server. Mail server mail.example.com responded:
(and then no error message is actually listed.)

It’s been an off and on problem for me for quite a while, but lately it’s becoming chronic. (It seems to be working now, but a little while ago it was working briefly and then broke again so I’m not holding my breath here.)

email for me has been up and down for the last two days, and SSL has been very flaky. I’ve been getting “too many IMAP connections” errors from my mail clients, and web mail doesn’t work either

I LOVE the fact that I can store all my mail remotely and get at it anywhere via IMAP. But these outages make it unuseable.

but now it’s up again, although very slow.

Not a peep about these outages on status.dreamhost.com.
What’s up?

NEWS FLASH FOR DREAMHOST:

if you have a dedicated website for system status then USE IT TO UPDATE US ON THE EMAIL PROBLEMS!

I just found this posted right down the bottom of the panel’s “contact support” page…

[i]********* Critical Announcement *********
(posted 2 mins 0 secs ago)

There seems to be a problem right now with networking that’s affecting one of our caching dns servers, which in turn is affecting email (sending and receiving) for pretty much ALL customers…

If you’re having email problems right now, our apologies, and please bear with us while we sort this out…

You can keep updated at dreamhoststatus.com![/i]

And of course the dreamhoststatus.com page has no mention of it. Useless.