Email down again

Well, it has been 2 hours since I reported my domain email outage and everyone at my company is really irritated. I’m sure that my boss (CFO) already got a call from his boss (CEO) about his email being down, again.

I checked my support history and logged a record 6 email outages in 30 days! What is going on here?

I hate to go through another site move, but it looks like I may have to.

Anyone else feeling this way?

P.S. My email just came back as I was typing this. 2 hours down and 6 outages (that I know of) in 30 days. Unacceptable.

Aaron
Queen Mary Information Services
Queen Mary, Long Beach, Ca.
www.queenmary.com

I just switched to Dreamhost yesterday and I have yet to get a response on the ticket I submitted regarding the email problems I am having. It is not only slow to connect but I also can’t send emails out.

When I first signed up I had support people emailing me back within 30 minutes. Now About 20 hours later, I have gotten no response from the ticket I submitted about our email having problems. The only thing I can say is that at least our Web Sites are coming up without a problem.

I notice that it has now been 3 hours without a feedback post on the support history for my downtime and no callback (as I requested).

I just got of the phone from my callback and received a satifactory answer.

What was their response?

Guess what?
My email is down again today! I know they are having a mysql issue, but come on, man. You’re killing me.

Sigh, anyone else down?

Aaron
Queen Mary Information Services
Queen Mary, Long Beach, Ca.
www.queenmary.com

Yeah, I was too. “I” meaning the small biz domain I brought to DH a year+ ago hoping for a better experience than a previous ISP…

Yes, I’m disappointed. Can you tell? ;-p I think I’ll spend a few minutes responding to all the outage threads.

jt

[quote]I just got of the phone from my callback and received a satifactory answer.

[/quote]

Pray tell: what is a “satisfactory answer” to a 2-hour mail outage?