Email box reconstruction (was part of--spam/junk)

I guess DH Support is busy catching up (it was 200 plus notes 5 days ago, now somethig like 500 plus). I also put a note in forum here, but it was so long and complex, plus it just moves on down the lsit til no-one sees it. So, forgetting about the long histry of trying to change spam filtering and how I accidentally dleted my mailboxes in the effort to get rid of catch alls, I have THIS email problem that I would like to clear
up as soon as possible. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

I use 3 domains (well, the main two I use are arenson.org and tokyoprogressive.org). imcjapanstream.org was given to me by DH but i don’t much use it. All 3 are aliased as far as the website goes (they all show the same website).

EMAIL IDENTITY
(The part I hate most about Dreamhost (the only thing) -for most people it is a dumb hard-to-remember number, but at least for me it is a name)

For purposes of setting up an email program (I will change it in the interest of security HERE from what it really is)
“mickeymouse”

But I mostly use “paul” for web mail.
So most people send mail to me at paul@arenson.org and
paul@tokyoprogressive.org.

My mailboxes on the web have always been the same, but I must have muddled it up by deleting all those forwardings in the mistaken (?) belief I had to do that to implement that spam filter. (My fault I guess).

I WANT to be able to go to webmail.arenson.org or webmail.tokyoprogressive.org and type in “paul” and see the same mail.

Likewise I have at east one user who has also been affected. She wants to do the same (and see HER mail–not mine, haha!) no nmatter which domain she uses. her name is wakana.

In trying to reinstate the mail boxes and fortwading, I think I screed up–> can anyone tell me where?

Now, depending on the domain, you see diffeermt things. I guess there is no way to get mail back so that no matter what you type( paul@ any domain) or( wakana@any domain), they will see the same things since, whwatever is screwed up will not be able to recover all mails… (nothing seems to be lost, it is just that the boxes have diffeernt degrees ofmutual sameness).

At this point, I just want to make sure I can get it to the state I describe above.

[i]Also, before I start, am think, since I use imap on mine at leats–of moving all messages to a folder on my hard drive, and doing same for wakana, fixing mailboxes, and moving back…Is that a good idea or un-needed?[/i]

FOR WHAT IT IS WORTH, HERE ARE THE SETTINGS FROM MY CONTROL PANEL, (Doing it by domain). I am changing mailbox numbers/names in the interest of security, just in case.

ONE
imcjapan@arenson.org
"Paul" m00000
0 MB / 2560 MB (0%
ALSO FORWARDS TO
imcjapan@tokyoprogressive.org

TWO
paul@arenson.org
"Paul" m55656
0 MB / 2560 MB (0%)
ALSO FORWARDS TO

THREE
paul@tokyoprogressive.org
"Paul" m67674
0 MB / 2560 MB (0%)
ALSO FORWARDS TO

FOUR---------------> MY MAIN ONE ALSO FOR EMAIL PROGRAM
"Paul Arenson" mickey mouse
247 MB / 2560 MB (10%)*
Nothing besides “imcjapan”.)

NOTE–> THIS IS THE ONE WE HAVE TO PUT IN OUR EMAIL PROGRAMS AS WELL AS WHEN USING OTHER WEB BASED POP/IMAP MAIL READERS OUT THERE

FIVE
popbopjp@tokyoprogressive.org
"saeyoung" m838932
0 MB / 50 MB (0%
ALSO
ALSO FORWARDS TO
Nothing besides “m3207064”.

This has no problem

(NEW USER…not yet with any mail…
SHE DOESN’T HAVE ANY FORWADING SET UP YET)

SIX
wakana@arenson.org
"wakana" m9289822
0 MB / 2560 MB (0%)
ALSO FORWARDS TO
wakana@tokyoprogressive.org
------------------->
(ABOBE SEEMS TO BE FUNNY, POSSIBLY THE BELOW ONE TOO:
SHOULDN’T WAKANA HAVE A "NOTHING ELSE BUT ENTRY? I ONCE SET IT UP LIKE THAT, I COULD SWEAR!!!)

SEVEN
wakana@tokyoprogressive.org
"wakana" m352233
123 MB / 2560 MB (5%)
ALSO FORWARDS TO
wakana@arenson.org

EIGHT
"japanimc" japanimc
8 MB / 1800 MB (0%)
Nothing besides “japanimc”.
(UNUSED ACCOUNT AT THIS POINT)

FINALLY
I do not see imcjapanstream.org in the list of addresses. I must have deleted this when I deleted the other stuff.

How can I make all my paul@arenson.org and paul@tokyoprogressive.org, and for that matter paul@imcjapanstream.org all reflect the imcjapan mailbox?

(I do not see the imcjanstream.org domain there, but that is a lesser problem for now).

Same for wakana.

THANKS!!! (I hope someone with a better sense of detail can help me before I go craz(ier).

FWIW (For what it is worth)
paul@arenson.org is showing (on webmail) 103 messages, is NOT showing messages sent to paul@tokyoprogressive.org.

paul@tokyoprogressive.org (on webmail) is showing 193 messages…seems to be correct based on imcjapan mailbox settings as in my email (MOZILLA) program.

wakana@tokyoprogressive is showing 143 messages, whcih seems to be correct.

wakana@arenson.org is not showing all. Interesting, because I know she uses wakana@arenson.org as her main mailing address, but she only uses webmail and for all i know (can’t ask her now) she logs on to the tokyoprogressive.org web interface.

Can eanyone help?

Paul
THANKS AND WISH I COULD BUY YOU A BEER FOR THE HELP…well, if someone CAN help and there is a way for me to send somethig physically or virtually from Japan, please let me know.

paul in japan

[quote](The part I hate most about Dreamhost (the only thing) -for most people
it is a dumb hard-to-remember number

[/quote]

Indeed it is crap. I’m finding it better to make each mailbox a User, so to get
(some) choice over the name.

[quote]must have muddled it up by deleting all those forwardings in the mistaken
(?) belief I had to do that to implement that spam filter.

[/quote]

Not mistaken - forwarding stops the junk filter working.

[quote]FOR WHAT IT IS WORTH, HERE ARE THE SETTINGS FROM MY CONTROL PANEL

[/quote]

Not very useful, since DH’s silly strike-through gets lots in plain text.

[quote]How can I make all my paul@arenson.org and paul@tokyoprogressive.org,
and for that matter paul@imcjapanstream.org all reflect the imcjapan mailbox?

[/quote]

I have succeeded in that by making each address EITHER

a) have ‘also deliver to this DreamHost mailbox:’ unchecked, AND
b) in ‘will be delivered to these email addresses:’ have FIRST the destination
mailbox address

OR

a) have ‘also deliver to this DreamHost mailbox:’ checked and
’Mailbox login:’ set to the destination mailbox.

Good luck!

Oh, the stuff got crossed out?

Ok…well, anyway, I have made note of yoru suggestions and will try them.

Thanks!!!

paul

paul in japan

[quote]Oh, the stuff got crossed out?

[/quote]

No. Sorry to be unclear. The DH panel shows whether there’s a direct-delivery mailbox only as the presence or absense of strikethrough on the address info. The strikethrough gets lost when you post the address info text to this forum as plain text. Hence I can’t tell from your posting of the address info what your setup is.