Email blind forwarding?

Hello,

My apologies if this topic has been answered elsewhere - I did several searches and couldn’t find the answer.

I made a website on dreamhost for our county’s high school competition robotics team. We’d like to be able to send a message to one email address and have it blast the whole team. That’s pretty straight forward. The problem is that we don’t want to display the list of addresses the message has been forwarded to. Is that possible? Is there such a thing as blind forwarding? All team members have opted in, this isn’t spam. But some of our mentors are uncomfortable giving bulk access to their personal email addresses. And frankly I worry about the kids’ privacy, too.

Big companies send me emails like this all the time. I just can’t figure out how to set it up for our email address in atmail. I have a feeling I’m going about this completely backwards.

Any help would be most appreciated!

What I did was create a forwarder to a ton of addresses. Like "teammates@example.com" and have it forward to a list of addresses.

It worked well for me with the following caveats:

1. Anybody can send to. that forwarder address and blast the whole team with messages. Don’t count on that address being a secret.
  2. Earthlink frequently blocked such messages because they though it was too spammy.

So…double-check with a small list at first to make sure the other addresses weren’t showing up. I’ve since switched to Sendgrid for my mailing list.

A very belated thank you!

Have you considered an Announce List or Discussion List? https://help.dreamhost.com/hc/en-us/categories/202198378-Email