Email Accounts

vps

Hi,

We have a newly purchased VPS, we are currently setting up everything after creating 20 emails accounts the system prompt us this error

I also contacted your support and the answer is this is a system generated error to stop abusing etc., I’m telling you that this is a new server and of course we need to setup everything specially the emails.

It’s almost 48 hours after that error and still we cannot create new email address we also have a ticket and I’m trying to contact your chat support but its almost 1 hour still no operator available? what a service!

I would like to follow up on this, here’s my server ps177879.

Thanks

Hello,

I apologize for the issues you have been experiencing with our service.
I’d be more than happy to assist, can I get your domain name or ticket number?

Thanks!
Justin H
DreamHost Staff

Justin, i have the same trouble and is urgent for me resolve, because we move all my domains to dreamhost and need create more than 300 emails account for troubles in other server.
my ticket is: #5707193
thanx in advance

I’m on a new dedicated hosting account and have experienced this same treatment.

It has been way past 24 hours. The first message I got from support was to wait over it. We can’t still create any more addresses, which is funny because we only need to create like 15 or so more, but some from important users from the office.

I already submitted an 8Hour+ old ticket (#5767484) informing about this, I have tried tweeting your “@DreamhostCare” accounts but I’ve been ignored and even got someone on the live chat just to get the session abruptly closed without any resolution.

[quote]ChrisL: you’ll have to wait on a reply to that support request, this issue can not be resolved or discussed in chat
ChrisL: Sorry!
Chat session has been terminated by the site operator.[/quote]

Basically we are paying for a premium service but getting worse service than most customers while being ignored.

What’s worse I recommended this hosting provider because of my past awesome support I’ve had on my shared plan and this basically diminishes my credibility as someone that knows his industry. All because of an undocumented policy.

RANT It’s not as if I couldn’t just start sending spam from the already created accounts if that were my intention, which of course isn’t, so it is also a ridiculous policy IMHO.

So we have over here this schedule where on sunday we were supposed to finish all the configs and migration of data from our old host with lame support. A nameserver change has been already ordered from our other hosting provider which should happen any minute now and we have a support tech standing by for any issues with our email users. However, without being able to finish setting up the 15 or so email users that support tech or me won’t really be able to do much except hear nagging from customers and in my case from my client. /RANT

Hi Justin,

I am dealing with the same issue. I got the same error message yesterday and it has been more that 30hrs now with no resolution. I submitted a support ticket this morning in the hopes that this would expedite the resolution. I can imaging that all the support team needs to do here is simply issue a reset on my account and I would be happily on my way fulfilling my clients domain transfer. I don’t understand why this issue would take such a long time to resolve. I am at loss on what to do for my client. I am now stuck in the middle of the process of transferring there sites over to dreamhost. This is extremely disappointing given the high hopes I had for dreamhost from all the reviews. Please resolve the issue before I loss all credibility with my client. My support ticket number is #6225196

Hopefully

Hi,

I have the same problem, I install a new vps, and create 35 mail accounts then I get the erorr

Quote:
Your account cannot create additional e-mail addresses at this time. This is usually a temporary situation and should be resolved within 24 hours. Please contact Support if you have any questions.
I also contacted your support and the answer is this is a system generated error to stop abusing etc., I’m telling you that this is a new server and of course we need to setup everything specially the emails.

It’s almost 48 hours after that error and still I cannot create new email address I also have 3 tickets and I’m talk with your chat support but they said that they can’t help and I need to open a ticket.

I need a urgent help because I have business customer mailboxes and they can’t get any mail because I don’t get reply for almost 15 hours and waiting that the error massage will pass

Please help me

Thanks