Editing webpages

I have made changes on two documents in wordpad and saved them as HTML files, how do I get the changes reflected in my website? I will appreciate somebody telling me what steps I must take to replace the 2 pages on my website with the ones I have corrected. I am using WS_FTP95 LE.

Thank you.

You need to upload the revised documents to your webspace using WS_FTP.

Open up WS_FTP.

If a Session Properties box doesn’t appear, click on the button labeled “Connect”.

In the “Host Name/Address” box enter your web site URL. For me, this would be ‘fbagroup.co.uk’ as that’s my domain name.

Enter your UserID and your Password in the appropriate boxes. Leave everything else as-is.

Click on conenct to connect.

Once connected a list of folders should appear in the right pane. These are the folders on the server. The folders on the left is your hard drive.

Double click on your domain name in the right hand side to move into the correct folder ready to upload your files. Double click again on any directory to move to the correct directory.

Once there, locate the files you wish to upload in the left pane (your hard drive).

Double click on the files you wish to upload to send these to the server.

Check that the changes have been made using a web browser. If you’re happy that the changes have been made; smile and come back and tell us. If not; don’t despair! Come back and we’ll see if we can help you some more.

Hope this helps.

Wil

Web Developer
http://www.fbagroup.co.uk/