Editing main page

I uploaded zen cart to domain.com/shop so that I could leave my actual domain as a landing page with links to various items like the shop, my blog, etc. Now I’m trying to edit my domain page so that it has something besides the index list. I tried to create an htaccess and uploaded it via WinSCP under my domain folder in the FTP, but I get an error message when I go to my domain after doing this. Surely there is already a file that is giving the index coding, where can I find it to edit or what type of file should I be creating to overrise that? In my dmain folder in the FTP there is only the shop folder and a favicon file and favicon image I don’t see any other files to edit. Or am I just in the wrong place altogether? Nothing jumped out at my in phpMyAdmin. It’s been several years since I’ve done any of this and am pretty rusty. TIA!

Just having an .htaccess file in your root folder will not do the trick. You need something there labeled index.php (or .html, etc you get the point) for the server to display. If you don’t know the basics of html, php, or really any web authoring language I highly recommend against rolling your own hard coded site. It will take too long to get your content out there. Get some sort of content management system. Normally I would recommend drupal but that’s not for the faint of heart really. Go with wordpress. If you want to keep things tidy you can install wordpress to its own sub-folder (i.e. mysite.com/wp or something) and there are instructions listed in this thread ( https://discussion.dreamhost.com/thread-131591.html ) for how to get it to show up in the root without actually having the files there. Good luck in your endeavors :slight_smile: