Editing after page is online

Sorry, newbie here… I’m in the process of setting up a site. I’ve uploaded a home page (well holding page really to begin with) via the DH FTP and now I’m trying to add Google analytics.

But, I can’t find a way to add the tracking code to the uploaded page without having to put it in offline and uploading the whole thing again. Is that right? or am I missing some great addon or plugin that lets me edit a page when it is already hosted… I assumed Dreamhost would let me do that coz I’ve been using free hosts before and could always do it there but recently decided to set up a paid domain so that the site is stand alone…

Thanks for any advice of pointers.

The traditional way of editing an html page is to download it, edit it, and then re-upload it via FTP. You can edit the page using some tools or utilities online if you have them available, and know how to do it. DreamHost offers the ability to edit an html page using the webFTP utility linked in the Manage Domains section of the panel, if you want to do the whole thing online.

Thank you for your help! That is great :slight_smile: I hadn’t realised that the webftp gave me that option. I appreciate the quick response too