Easier way to delete hidden files?

wordpress

Every time I upgrade Wordpress through the one click installs I have to go through and manually delete hidden files in four of the themes that are included in the install by default (they’re all .DS_Store). Is there an easier way to do this? My CLI-fu is weak in Putty. I’m using FileZilla for my FTP client and I can view hidden files, but I still have to delete them manually.

THX.

[quote]Every time I upgrade Wordpress through the one click installs I have to go through and manually delete hidden files in four of the themes that are included in the install by default (they’re all .DS_Store). Is there an easier way to do this? My CLI-fu is weak in Putty. I’m using FileZilla for my FTP client and I can view hidden files, but I still have to delete them manually.

THX.
[/quote]
Just as a reality check: This is nothing more than a cosmetic issue, I would think. If you left them there they’d do nothing.

Peace,
Gene Steinberg
Co-Host, The Paracast
http://www.theparacast.com
[b]My DreamHost Promo Plan—Use the code: [color=#CC0000]ROCKS[b][/color]

No, the problem is updating WordPress through the one-click install page. It requires that the folder be empty so I have to delete the themes. Unless I’m missing something (which is entirely possible).

I have a second blog to upgrade and decided to delete the extra themes first, but this time I had no trouble. Could be that in my FTP client I checked off “Show hidden files.” Anyway, it doesn’t seem to be a problem anymore.

At least I never claimed to be smart. :slight_smile:

[quote]No, the problem is updating WordPress through the one-click install page. It requires that the folder be empty so I have to delete the themes. Unless I’m missing something (which is entirely possible).

I have a second blog to upgrade and decided to delete the extra themes first, but this time I had no trouble. Could be that in my FTP client I checked off “Show hidden files.” Anyway, it doesn’t seem to be a problem anymore.

At least I never claimed to be smart. :)[/quote]
Sounds like you’re using a Mac. As I said, don’t worry about the hidden files. Nothing that’ll effect the way WordPress operates.

Peace,
Gene Steinberg
Co-Host, The Paracast
http://www.theparacast.com
[b]My DreamHost Promo Plan—Use the code: [color=#CC0000]ROCKS[b][/color]