eAccellerator problems?

I currently host with A Small Orange. I’m not necessarily knocking them, because they have to do what they have to do.

They use eAccellerator, which they say is the cause for my site not opening in FireFox and for it not working well with IE.

They at one time said they would move my site to a server that doesn’t use eA, but now say it’s on all their servers and there is no more support they can give me for this problem.

Naturally, I’m moving my blog.

I just need to know several things:

1. Do you use eAccellerator and would my rather ordinary WordPress 2.0 blog have difficulty on your servers?

2. Do you also support WordPressMu, which I use on a second blog?

WP 2.0 is available as a one-click install, so that should work fine. I’m not aware of eA being used, and don’t know about WPMu.

They need more support help.
Cut the code, [color=#CC0000]it’s their birthday:[/color] [color=#00CC00]9999 => $99.99 Off[/color]

AHO offers one click install, too.

But that didn’t stop this problem from happening.

I’m gonna have to wait to find out for sure.

The result is about the same as official dreamhost blog :

Yes it works with firefox.

I did not test WPmu but i don’t see why it would not work.

Get [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] Off with promo code :[color=#CC0000]97USA[/color] :cool: choose your plan

I’m assumeing that in general the sites hosted here work with FF. I’m worried MY site won’t because of this eAccellerator issue.

Thanks!

Hello!

So you are this user at WP support?
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/98966?replies=5

That problem of yours is really strange… wordpress should work with eAccellerator…

Well, Wordpress runs fine here, so don’t worry.

Also, I just use Firefox with no problems at all :slight_smile:

Dreamhost $97 promo code

[color=#CC0000]97promo[/color] will give you $97 off
[color=#CC0000]90promo[/color] will give $7 to Unicef

Wow, that just about covers most of the browser market. Did they happen to mention a browser where your site may work well? :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously though, WordPress works well here at DreamHost. As others have pointed out, WordPress 2 is available as a one-click install from the DreamHost admin panel.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

Here’s the wiki article on Wordpress MU.

I haven’t tried setting it up here (yet), but WP works fine. I did a little bit of Googling on WP MU at one point and do remember stumbling upon a few DH success stories, so it should be doable.

I think you might have to contact support about wildcard DNS and if I remember correctly, there were varying opinions on whether or not you need a unique IP for it to work or not.

I’d probably just give it a shot and deal with problems as they pop up. You have 97 days (money back guarantee period) to figure it out and see if DH is right for you. :wink:

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.