E-mails

can I Get More? and how many(i want about 10,000 more) and how much will it cost?

Do you want more email addresses, or more actual mailboxes?

As I understand it, you can have as many email addresses as you wish, forwarded to a limited number of real mailboxes (3000 on the level 1 plan).

If you want 10,000 real mailboxes, one option would be to upgrade to the Level 3 ‘Code Monster’ account ($19.95/Month), which currently provides a max of 12000 mailboxes.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

ya but that 20 a month i just need more e-mail accontsi got a forum so for the people that are vip get a email accont so can i get more with out the level 3

$20 a month for 12,000 email accounts is a great deal (even without all the hosting extras!). You will have a hard time finding that anywhere else for the same money .

Of course, you could look into Gmail for your Domain, or everyone.net.

–rlparker

Surely a forum approaching 10,000 VIP members can support $20 per month in hosting charges?

I think the only way to increase your mailbox limit is to upgrade your plan type, but for the definitive answer I suggest you submit the question to DreamHost using the panel.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

I’d be really surprised if a forum with 10,000 vip members would live for long on a shared server :wink: .

Not to mention the potential problems of 10,000 forum users using the shared email servers. Can you imagine being responsible for the behavior of that many users in such an environment? WIth no Panel automation, each would have to be set-up individually, and policed for TOS, etc.

What a foo! And people think they are problems with blacklists now!

–rlparker

ouch, that’s not a job I’d like to take on.

Mark

Hey! Check this out… in my previous post:

When I entered that, I typed, “What a n i g h t m a r e!” (without the spaces). I think they’ve got a substitution filter changing “foo” to “foo”… so much for the bad “borkings” on the Dreamhost name, eh?

edit: yep! did it again… he he he! I guess n_i_g_h_t_m_a_r_e made it into the “banned word list!” Now that’s funny!

–rlparker

dang parker, you are fast, heh. I was wondering how long it would take for it to be noticed but it was only about 24 hours. I wasn’t sure if I could take another bad pun, so I figured i’d take a stab at reducing all that DreamHost lets anyone say anything reputation stuff. sssh don’t tell jeff!

You’re right, that is funny. :slight_smile:

I wonder how n_i_g_h_t_m_a_r_e made it onto the list and what other seemingly innocuous words have been included (or in reality excluded :slight_smile:

I notice that the substitution does not happen until the post is actually submitted, it is not apparent in the preview.

Mark

Ha Ha! No problem, Michael…your secret is safe with me! :wink:

–rlparker

Yea… I noticed that too! I wonder how many people will even be aware of the substitution :slight_smile:
–rlparker

I wonder how long it is before we see the first post consisting entirely of the word ‘foo’, repeated across the page :slight_smile:

Mark

heh, well now we have a pretty good test to see if someone ever actually reads the boards. I can see the hordes of headless screaming chickens now. :wink: what a n i g h t m a r e !

I am glad you have the ‘n’ word in the substitution list. It really is a disgusting word. I am used to most bad language but n******** with all those hidden meanings really was the limit!

Norm

Opinions are my own views, not DreamHosts’.
I am NOT a DreamHost employee OK!! :@

You act on my advice at your own risk!

Did he just complain about $20 a month (only $12 a month more than he’s paying now) for 12,000 email boxes?

er…ah…it wasn’t really a “complaint”, but it sounded like he didn’t want to spend “that much” more money (all the way up to a Level 3 account) “just to get more email” accounts. I think you read it right :open_mouth:

–rlparker