E-mail & panel not working

Hello, I cannot receive any e-mails the past 12 hours and when I am getting an error 503 while trying to log in to the panel to check what’s happening.
Please help…
[hr]
ok, now it works fine. the emails from the past 12 hours have been dissapeared but no big deal…

I have not been able to access my e-mail , for 3 days now, these people are pathetic, I started some tickets at suppoort,
but how can I check if there is any response , if I can not access my e-mail ? So I included another e-mail address, they could contact me at
, but still no response or info,… these people are pathetic, as far as their e-mail services go.
They conveniently do not give any e-mail address for support, and the “tickets” are useless. no responses,… is there any way to contact these people ?

I have two POP accounts on one domain. Can’t access from methods which previously worked (outlook, phone). I can LOGIN through Dreamhost’s web mail but it loops on “rebuilding indexes”

In Thunderbird, they’re both returning this: Sending of password for user xxx@yyyy.org did not succeed. Mail server xxx@yyyy.org responded: Couldn’t open INBOX: Internal error occurred. Refer to server log for more information. [2016-07-27 08:06:32]

I have shell access but I can’t file the email logs.

I have shell access.

Where are the email server logs??

What cluster is your email on? Click on the Data Center to see which one you are on. I guessing its either sub3 or sub5. Sub5 is undergoing “emergency” maintenance right now. http://www.dreamhoststatus.com/2016/07/26/emergency-maintenance-on-mail-filers-july-26-430-pm-pst/

Thank you. I didn’t know of this listing

That listing does not really say much, it says they are working
on it, but that is what it has been saying for the last 2 days,
=========================
UPDATE July 27 9:00 PM PDT: Our technical operations team continues to work on the second filer. At this time, the majority of customers on homiemail-sub5 should be able to access their email without problems. Only customers on those two filers are currently unable to access email.

UPDATE July 27 6:00 PM PDT: Mail queues caught up as of earlier this afternoon, and the first of the two filers has been fully mounted to all of our Sub5 machines. Things are looking well there so far, and our technical operations team has moved on to mounting the second filer. We should have another update soon; thanks for your patience!

UPDATE July 27 1:35 PM PDT: Our mail queues are catching up steadily, and we expect to be able to continue with the next phase of this maintenance later this afternoon. As a reminder, some accounts on these filers will be inaccessible by webmail and email clients at this time. Other users on Sub5 may expect slight email delays over the next few hours as queues are getting caught up. Your patience with us is very much appreciated.

UPDATE July 27 12:20 PM PDT: Our technical operations team has re-mounted the two filers to our MX machines, and mail is being queued for delivery. As a reminder, during this phase, some accounts on these filers will be inaccessible by webmail and email clients. Other users on Sub5 may expect slight email delays over the next few hours as queues are getting caught up. More updates to come!

UPDATE July 27 11:00 AM PDT: The first and larger phase of this maintenance has been completed, and our technical operations team is now starting the re-mounting process for these two filers. We will be updating this post again shortly! Thanks again for your patience.

UPDATE July 27 8:00 AM PDT: Maintenance continues on two filers and is causing connection issues for customers tied to these services. Please know that we are aware of the issues specifically, and are still working to finish our emergency Maintenance as soon as we can! We will provide more updates here when we have the

UPDATE July 27 5:30 AM PDT: Maintenance continues on the two filers previously mentioned. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide an ETA but we will update this post again when we have more information.

UPDATE July 26 9:45 PM PDT: Two filers on homiemail-sub5 are still being worked on. Customers on those filers will be unable to access their email until this maintenance is done.

The problem, actually started a week ago, I have had absolutely no accesss, since the 24,
They just keep repeating the same messages, over and over, nothing changes,…
"“Couldn’t open INBOX: Internal error occurred. Refer to server log for more information. [2016-07-27 08:06:32]”"
That is the same, message I been getting, 4 days now,…
Up until this year, when somebody decided to start changing everything, the e-mail had been reliable enough, ,
I remember getting a e-mail spam message, supposedly a “new letter”, about how they were so excited, about the “exciting” changes they planned to make in the coming year,…well after that,
yes , there have been a lot of changes, and now, the e-mail does not work at all, support does not respond, Dreamhost has changed, for the worse, and no longer is the reliable Hosting I started with several years ago,… somebody wanted to impress every body by making all sorts of changes, to something that was working, and now it does not work. People should learn not to try to fix things that are not broken. Bye-Bye dreamhost ,…
[hr]

[quote]-------snip----------------
I remember getting a e-mail spam message, supposedly a “new letter”, about how they were so excited, about the “exciting” changes they planned to make in the coming year,…well after that,
yes , there have been a lot of changes, and now, the e-mail does not work at all, support does not respond, Dreamhost has changed, for the worse, and no longer is the reliable Hosting I started with several years ago,… somebody wanted to impress every body by making all sorts of changes, to something that was working, and now it does not work. People should learn not to try to fix things that are not broken. Bye-Bye dreamhost ,…
[/quote]
This is a copy of the spam - I recieved several months ago :

[quote] Your email is about to get better!

Message #: 118441627
Time: 1460655769
Hey Garrison!

Sometime over the next month, we will be moving your mail service and
mailboxes to a new cluster. The new cluster is super cool! It’s going to
take about a month to move everyone, and once your mail has been moved,
we’ll let you know when it’s done.

Of course, our intention is that nothing should change for you as a result
of this move - except for performance! BETTER performance!

If you use an external DNS or mail filtering service, you may need to
update the IP address after the move to keep everything ticking along
smoothly - we’ll be sure to give you the info when it’s time. Otherwise,
everything’s set! You can just sit back and relax.

If you have any questions or concerns, you can submit a ticket, open a
LiveChat or request a callback by contacting DreamHost Support
https://panel.dreamhost.com/?tree=support.msg. We’re happy to help!

Thank you!
Your DreamHost Mail Improving Robots [/quote]
Yea right, “everything is going to get better”,…“super cool”,…and I did
contact support, saying I really did not want the new “attmail” thing is
is terrible, and liked the squirrel mail, we had,…
"
Of course, our intention is that nothing should change for you as a result
of this move - except for performance! BETTER performance! ""
Yea right, Well MR. DreamHost Mail Improving Robot : You really did a great job
on this, I love the “better performance”, now I can not even access my e-mail,…
I wish MR. DreamHost Mail Improving Robot, had a real name, a human administrator,
we could really communicate with,…
I am through with Dreamhost. ,… they have just become a bunch of robots, and
will keep changing things, until they totally crash the entire system,…

Garry, I don’t use Dreamhost for my day-to-day emails, so it’s not a reason for me to leave, HOWEVER, my clients do use it, and I haven’t been able to even tell them what happened.

I’m thinking Dreamhost is being vague because it would reveal a bad decision on their part (as in, a single hard drive failed, bringing down the whole system for going on a week now?)

The duration of how long this problem has persisted is at the level of “the building was attacked by zombies”. But I’m thinking it’s much worse than that, in terms of how Dreamhost failed to design the system to survive / recover from whatever happened.

If they had a really good reason explaining why this happened (and continues), they would have shared it with us already.

We set up our forwards and my clients are looking for another host for email.

It’s a shame, because they get like 40 emails a day. They already use “Constant Contact” for sending mail out so they’re not spammers. They really haven’t been abusing the system, but I really feel like Dreamhost doesn’t care about this.