E-mail not working

So I went in and edited one of the e-mail addresses that I have to change the login mailbox associated with it and now it’s bouncing all my e-mail saying that the user doesn’t exist. It’s been a few hours since I made the change. Any ideas?

bryan | website

I’ve had quite a few instances of email address edits causing mailboxes to get completely lost. First due to using the browser Back button, but since being warned that is known to be able to screw up settings, subsequntly for reason I can’t fathom.

I suggest you delete the offending email address and mailbox, and create new ones.

Oh and wait a bit longer - panel changes can take over five hours to take effect.

THanks Chris, I deleted the e-mail address which also deleted the user mailbox it was attached to. So I recreated it an attached the login to the old user it was on and everything is finally back to normal, except the one mailbox is now missing lol.

But at least I can receive e-mail again and amazingly you answered my question faster than DH support…which is now 26 hours and counting waiting on my “priority support” reply…

bryan | website

Looks like DH is going down hill, 5 or 6 days ago it looks like, my primary account went dead. Nothing bounces, no other accounts on the domain are dead, in fact I had no way of knowing it 'til someone called asking why I hadn’t responded to an email. I’ve got a temporary work around going by having that address forward to another at the same domain, but what a pain. Is my only option to delete the account and recreate it? I really don’t want to loose my ~190MBs of email. Any other suggestions would be welcome… So far I haven’t gotten any response from “support.”

[quote]my primary account went dead. Nothing bounces, no other accounts on the domain are dead, in
fact I had no way of knowing it 'til someone called asking why I hadn’t responded to an email

[/quote]

I had the same thing happen. I’d been mailbombed, filling the mailbox up to the storage limit, and further incoming messages were discarded i.e. neither bounced nor delivered. Its been weeks since my report to Support, but still no result.

[quote]Is my only option to delete the account and recreate it?

[/quote]

Try increasing the storage limit. Otherwise, yes that is what I’d suggest.