E-mail login issue

Ok, first of all, I feel completley stupid asking this. When I set up my e-mail I had no problem logging in. I don’t use the account much, and need to access it. For the life of me I can’t get squirrelmail to let me in!

Here’s what I’ve done (details changed to protect the vulnerable :slight_smile: ):

The account has the following information:

name@url.com

mailbox login: “Full Name” name@url.com (othername)

mailbox name: “Full Name”

password: password

Now, when I try to log in to squirrelmail, it gives me a text box followed by "@url.com," so naturally I enter the preceding part of the e-mail address, with password “password.” No dice. Then I try the name in parentheses at the end of my “mailbox login” info. No dice. I try the mailbox name. Still nothing.

So, I feel like I must be doing something obviously wrong, but for the life of me I can’t figure out what it is. Any insights?

wrong password?

You’re right, you just enter the first part of hte E-mail address, and then the password.

You can use the panel to reset the passowrd, log into panel.dreamhost.com click mail > Manage Addresses > Select the domain > click edit next to the E-mail address you want to log in with. Put in a new password, and wait a couple of hours for the changes to take effect.

-Matttail

[quote]I enter the preceding part of the e-mail address, with password “password.” No dice.

[/quote]

What does SM say?