E-mail Issues

On Saturday, I sent myself a test E-mail from my dreamhost account to my yahoo account using mail. Something close to this.

echo “test” | mail -s “test” user@example.com

Since then, I have recieved this mail many, many times. The last time I checked my E-mail, I had over 500 messages (like what was sent above) in my bulk mail folder. I’m still getting them now. Is this a known problem?

I posted a message to support on Sunday through the panel, but haven’t received a reply. Is the panel the proper place to report a problem like this?

Well that just pissed me off.

This morning I received an E-mail from dreamhost support talking about I’ve been sending out thousands of bulk mail messages and that dreamhost doesn’t officially support that. So it looks like just totally ignored the support message I put in a few days ago about the continuous E-mail that I’ve been getting at my yahoo account and how I only send 1 test E-mail. If I knew support was going to be this bad, I would have stayed at my other host.

So it looks like this has finally been fixed. I ended up having to up the severity of the support message to the highest level in order for somebody to look at it.