E-Mail Forwarding problems

Hi - I have been having spotty results with an e-mail address that forwards mail on to my work address. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.

If the address is not really a mailbox, how can I be sure stuff coming into it is actually being forwarded out?

Please help. The address is actually being used to send my wedding RSVP’s through. She’ll kill me if some are being missed.

Cheers,

David

Uhm, set up the address to both deliver the messages to a mailbox and forward to the work address?

:cool: Perl / MySQL / HTML+CSS

It is already set up that way. That’s not the problem.

It isn’t forwarding the mail to the work addresses for whatever reason and since it’s not an actual mailbox, I can’t go in an see if there are any “mail returned type errors”.

How can you tell if mail is qued up from a an address?

[quote]It isn’t forwarding the mail to the work addresses for whatever reason and since it’s not an actual mailbox, I can’t go in an see if there are any “mail returned type errors”.

How can you tell if mail is qued up from a an address?[/quote]
I think you’d have to contact support about the problem, especially if you never encounter the problem using postfix (sendmail command in the shell) or using SMTP. Checking the queue seems to be something only root can do.

:cool: Perl / MySQL / HTML+CSS

We’d need to check the logs on the mail servers to see what is going on here. You could also have your site administrator check their logs and see if they see anything unusual.

Hi Will - I’m not sure which logs would indicate any problems. Can you tell me which ones would?

You can’t check them. We would need to check them for you.

Ahhhh…

In that case, can you offer any assistance to Brian who is already looking into it for me?

David