E-mail Distrabution lists

I have a possible new site that I need to develop. I am not a programmer, so I am limited in what I can and can’t do. I Love to use Joomla for creating my sites.

I need to create a site for a club, the number one requirement is for me to have e-mail distribution lists. I need to be able to limit who can send to the list and other such security.

For instance if I send an e-mail to boardofdirectors@mysite.com I need that to be forwarded to the personal e-mail addresses for all the members of the Board of Directors. I also need to limit that distribution lists to only allow members of that list to send to it. Can that be done with Joomla or the tools Dream Host provides?

I think I found my answer … you call it Discussion Lists.

Sweet… now to TEST TEST TEST :slight_smile:

You can also try DadaMail: http://dadamailproject.com/
I highly recommend it because it’s good software, very mature, actively updated and enhanced, and the author has shown long-term dedication and excellent support. I don’t have need to use it at the moment but I’ve had intermittent experience with it over several years and was always impressed.

Caution: As with many providers of popular free and open source software, the author can be a little harsh/edgy at times - don’t take it personally. :wink: