E-mail certificate

I’m having an issue with Thunderbird for the Mac and e-mail certificates. I have several domains with e-mail accounts on my dreamhost account. I use all of them with Thunderbird. Only one account warns me that the domain of the e-mail certificate is different than the e-mail address. All the other addresses send no problem. I can’t seem to figure out how to get it to stop warning me. It may just one more click of the mouse to send, but it’s a bit annoying. Anyone have any suggestions?

Jessica Janiuk

Is this for SSL connectivity? For all of my accounts, I have inbound and outbound mail servers set to SERVER.mail.dreamhost.com. You can get the SERVER name from the panel under Account Status in the upper right.

This way, the SSL cert will match the server name, rather than your own domain name.

-Scott

I never thought about doing that. I’ll give it a shot and see how that goes. Thanks a lot!

Jessica Janiuk

Get this extension, it will stop the warnings https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/2131

Mismatch warnings are there for good reason and shouldn’t be suppressed :wink:

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost

if it happens every day it wont be noticed when it really is a problem, which would probably never happen anyway unless either your own domain or mail.dreamhost.com gets hijacked.

Mismatch warnings are extremely important.

The solution Scott provided solves mismatch issues with mozillaware without compromising security.

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost