Duplicate E-mail Messages - Self-Creating Folders

I am still having serious problems with duplicate e-mail messages.

Does anyone else have this issue?

What can I do to stop the duplicate messages?

Also, when I download new mail to Apple Mail, several new folders create themselves! And my new messages are downloaded into those new folders (that I did NOT create!), even though I have the correct folder already created, and filters set to put the new messages in the correct folder.

This is very strange and frustrating …

Any solution to this problem?

– vja4Him

Which folder(s) recreate themselves? Which version of OS X are you running? I used to have that issue with a To Do mailbox showing up all the time, but Snow Leopard stopped that problem.

And where are your duplicate messages? Inbox, Sent, Trash? I’m guessing that you’re using IMAP. I don’t have this issue. Did you use your advanced mail account features to set the mailbox path prefix to INBOX?

-Scott

The folders that re-creating themselves:

COM

[quote]COMPUTERS

[quote]CompForums

[quote]AppleDiscussions
[/quote]

ComputersHelp

[/quote]

[/quote]

I have filters set so these messages should be going into the appropriate folders. Everything was working just fine on my old iBook G4. Mail on my iBook G4 (running OS X Tiger 10.4.11) still works just fine. When I got my new MacPro, strange problems started with Apple Mail …

I’m using Snow Leopard 10.6.2.

The duplicate messages are going into dozens, most likely hundreds, of other folders. I disabled all three of my Clearwire e-mail accounts, but the duplicate messages still keep on coming …

My DreamHost accounts are set up in Apple Mail, using POP.

I’m really not sure what you are talking about when you mention the advanced mail account features …

I still have mail that arrives in the Inbox. All of my important e-mail is filtered to the appropriate folders. The filters are working just fine.

Problem is these self-creating folders, and some mail (not much though) is coming into these mystery folders, even though I have the filters set correctly.

– vja4Him