Drupal vs phpBB

apps

I’m not entirely new to web hosting, but am not familiar with the various one click installs, other than wordpress which I’ve used with good success.

My question concerns the best application for what I want to do. I’m creating a private website for my staff to be able to interact online as they work through a staff development program. I’d like to include forums, a calendar, possibly a blog for each of them, and static pages for articles and uploads.

I don’t want to have to create a whole new website from scratch, just host a ready made system on a subdomain so my staff can access everything they need in one place.

Here’s the part where I’m shaky…both Drupal and phpBB sound somewhat similar, though to be honest a lot of what I read on the respective websites went right over my head.

Can anyone advise me on the best option for my needs? It does need to be relatively easy to get up and running, as I don’t have a ton of time or patience for fiddling.

One other question, is it possible to choose to host, for example, ONLY a forum on a subdomain if I install say Drupal (which appears to come loaded with lots of other features that I may not need).

Many thanks for your help/opinions!

Susan

phpBB isn’t going to do it for you. It’s just a forum. If you’ve taken a good look at Drupal, then go with that. I actually use Geeklog, which has the features you want, but it’s not a One-Click.

Um, have you looked at DotProject, also a One-Click? I’ve not tried it, but it may be something your program can use.

-Scott

Check out Google Aps too.

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost