Drupal Install Hangs at "Install Site"

apps

I worked this out with Dreamhost’s online chat (thanks, danielj!). It was a problem with the settings.php file but I don’t know the specifics. Thanks anyway!

[color=#DCDCDC]Hi!

I’m trying to install drupal on my site, and I’m having trouble with the install.

First of all, if I don’t type “install.php” anymore it doesn’t work. It gives me:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function user_access() in /home/jet/radicalcupcake.com/drupal/includes/theme.inc on line 1776

If I type “install.php” after the directory name, it shows me the install page and asks me to select my language. I choose English and then in automatically directs me to the Install Site page, (the previous three are checked), but simply displays “Home” and nothing else on the main part of the page. I think it’s the settings.php page, in particular the two things that the Dreamhost Wiki told me to change.

I know I am probably being a dork, but I put ### instead of my user and password because it is a knee jerk reaction. If you need the user and password to give me advice, I’ll provide the actual string.

$db_url = ‘mysql://###user:###passwd@mysql.radicalcupcake.com/rc_jadrupal’;

$base_url = ‘http://radicalcupcake.com/drupal’; // NO trailing slash!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.[/color]