I recently installed a website using Drupal. Unfortunately, I have been unable to remove 'drupal' from urls and all attempts to fix it have been futile. I have drupal set up in it's own directory so I tried the route of adding an .htaccess file in the public root and changing settings.php to reflect the website url. On Firefox everything still redirects to the drupal directory and ll pages have drupal in the url. On google, it does not redirect and I get an internal server error. Tried moving drupal files to public root and getting rid of the folder. This did not fix the problem. Then I tried to do an clean installation in a development site with drupal files in the public root. This works for the url, but then I cannot get clean urls to work. Backup and migrate does not work there either.