Drupal, Dreamhost, Users. OMG!

apps

…that’s the best way i can describe my situation as my brain has turned to mush.

I spent the last 4 hours tweaking the css of my site (rocketgirl.archidroid.com) and my main gripe was with the bg.png.

I made sure it was all gone (i even added a tilda ~ to it just incase i missed it somewhere in the css) and had a friend verify that it was gone, only to be told that it was still there, along with all old stuff i spent deleting.

Long story short, turns out i’ve got 2 users with access via ftp to this subdomain. At some point a few months ago i attempted creating another user for my client/friend to upload images we were going to use for the shop. I think i FUBAR’d there as all the files are now explicitly editable by this new user. The only problem is that the sub-domain doesn’t point to these files.

I’m lost as to how there could possibly be a duplicate of my site when i didn’t do so?! is it something to do with the database??

I’m sorry if i haven’t come across too clearly, this is all such a steep learning curve for me and i’m determined to finish this site in 3 weeks :-/

If the other user’s images are showing up it could be that you’ve remapped a sub-directory at some point in time for this to work in the first place. Remove any remapping and clear any caching you may have implemented.

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost

…i guess that makes sense. But the only problem is i don’t actually know how to re-map sub-directories (yet) so don’t know how to undo/remove it. Ditto with the caching.

Maybe it happened automatically when i added a new user via Dreamhost?

my own site’s confusing me now :-/ (serves me right for leaving it on its todd for 2 months)

Check that the correct user is listed as owner in Panel:

[color=#0000CC]Domains > Manage Domains[color=#0000CC]

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost