Drupal Database configuration

It seems like it should be so straightforward, but yet… I’ve been trying to figure this out for hours.

I’ve installed Drupal. I have the following screen asking for my database name, my username, and my password. Should be simple, right? But everything I enter turns out wrong!

I’ve installed a MySQL database on my Dreamhost site. Let’s just call it ‘sampledatabase’ and I’ve created a hostname, mysql.sampledatabase.com. I’ve managed to login to phpMyAdmin with my username and password, but nothing seems to work on Drupal.

I assumed the fields should be the following:
Database name: sampledatabase
Username: bbeetthh
Password: ******** (the same password that allowed my access into phpMyAdmin).

I’ve searched all over the DreamHost Wiki as well as the Drupal install.txt documents, the Drupal tech support pages, and I’ve tried a billion combinations. What am I doing wrong? Was there something else I should have activated in my DreamHost control panels or phpMyAdmin?

[quote]I assumed the fields should be the following:
Database name: sampledatabase
Username: bbeetthh
Password: ******** (the same password that allowed my access into phpMyAdmin).[/quote]
Where is the “hostname” entry? :wink:

–rlparker

On the installation, down is a button that says advanced or something like that you had to click there and the host options are show, you’ll see that the dbhost is localhost that need to be changed to the host you have created for the drupal db (sql.yourdomain.com for example).

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
Sagan

Hello,

It’s the year 2010 and I got this same exact problem two (2) years and a couple of new version in Drupal. I believe you have already resolve this and if you could please share you experience.

Thanks!

Now, the year 2011 and Im trying to install drupal 6 with the same error. Any help? And please dont tell me to install the one-click installs.

The answer was already mentioned.

During the database information of the installation process, you can need to enter the hostname for the sql db.

example:
DB name: sampledb

You will need to click on the Advanced menu and enter the host as:
sampledb.example.com