Dreamy weekend reading #20171027 - WordPress Indieweb and Open Source News

weekendreading

Do you want your project to be featured here? Please leave feedback and requests. If you find this interesting please share it!

Bridgy Fed connects federated social networks to your IndieWeb site

Bridgy Fed is a new service developed by Ryan Barrett. The intention is to build a bridge to connect IndieWeb sites with federated social networks like Mastodon and Hubzilla. If your site can send and receive webmentions, Bridgy Fed can federate it with the fediverse! Check it out!

Google Code-in 2017 announced mentor organizations

Code-in is an educational contest which teaches children about open source by having them working on an actual established project. The list of 25 mentor organizations is super exciting, goes from Apertium to Zulip, and includes Drupal, Wikipedia, XWiki, Ubuntu among many cool other ones.

Zulip, the Open source team chat, released version 1.7

These days one can’t escape news about Slack. But with each mention of Slack there is someone mentioning a Slack-alternative, open source. Zulip is … somewhat like Slack but different from other clones I’ve seen: the tool seem to mix chat with email paradigms: it could be cool or a total disaster :slight_smile: I have installed Zulip on a DreamCompute instance to test it out, and I am writing a tutorial. Stay tuned! :keyboard:

AnimationMaker 1.7 runs on Linux too

AnimatinoMaker is a powerful tool to quickly build presentation videos. The latest version 1.7 can create animated gifs and HTML animations. The exported animations are based on SVG and GSAP. Read more on AnimationMaker website.

Build a website with no database with Bludit

Looking for something else but Drupal or WordPress? Maybe Bludit is good for you. It’s an open source web application to build your own web site or blog quickly. Bludit uses files in JSON format to store the content, you don’t need to install or configure a database. You only need a web server with PHP support. If you try it, let us know what you think of it in the comments below.

Happy weekend!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.