Dreamweaver 8 and oscommerce problems

Has anyone successfully configured Dreamweaver 8 to remotely modify/update a store front?

oscommerce is running correctly on my site, but when I tried configuring Dreamweaver 8, it downloaded the correct file structure, my subdomain for the store etc etc… everything is correct except when I view a page, the php is broken.

I have tried unsuccessfully to add the mysql database so dreamweaver would know what to point at but to no avail.

Anyone out there that might just be able to give me a quick pointer of step me through this? Im not a novice to computers, but this is my first time configuring dreamweaver for a remote mysql server and having difficulty.

thanks alot.

well, php isn’t going to render on your computer, at least not by default. html shows up just fine becuase that’s all handeled in the browser. PHP is a server side script and requires that it be ‘parsed’ before sending out to your browser. it may be possible for you to get that set up on your computer but it’s certinly not easy.

To be able to connect to your mysql database you’ll have to allow your IP address access. Log into the Panel > goodies > Mysql > click to edit teh user for the database you want to connect to. You’ll find a box to put in your ip address. Once that has taken effect (a couple of hours at most) you should be able to hook up with dreamweaver.

-Matttail

I had already added my IP address to the list to allow access…

However, in dreamweaver, when i tried to add a mysql connection under the databases tab, i get errors like:
HTTP Error Code 404 File Not Found.
1)There is no testing server running on the server machine.
2)The testing server specified for this site does not map to the http://_mmServerScripts/MMHTTPDB.php URL. Verify that the URL Prefix maps to the root of the site.

Obviously I have something configured improperly, but like I said in earlier post, I am able to see the full directory structure of my site and modify files. The mysql connection just keeps erroring out and I assume I have something misconfigured.

Actually it is! Take a look at XAMPP which is a pack of Apache, MySQL, PHP, Filezilla and Mercury put all together with an easy install. It’s not meant to be installed on a production environment so you need to be carefull on how you set that. A firewall is essential.

http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html

Save $96 dollars when you sign up! -> 96DISCOUNT :wink: