DreamSpeed CDN with older files

Hi!

I’ve just set up DreamSpeed CDN in my WP site. After ticking the necessary boxes, the ‘Migrate Existing Files’ option appeared below the general settings.

What I need to know is that by doing so, older posts have to be edited because of the change of the image links.

Have you read the FAQ yet?

Can I force older images to be pushed?
Yes. Go to the CDN page and at the bottom is a section “Migrate Existing Files” – If there’s a checkbox and a button, you have files to upload, so check the box and press the button.
The uploader runs in chunks per hour, since it has to upload all image sizes, as well as edit your posts. If you have over 20k images, it may NOT work right, however.

Thank you, Mika.

I read the manual but not the FAQ. My bad.

Luckily, my site is two years old, so I have a lot less than 1000 images.

Don’t feel bad, I missed the FAQ too. Let us know how it goes :slight_smile:

It starts well but after a few minutes (and two or three images) it shows the following message:

"Error 503 Service Unavailable

Service Unavailable

Guru Meditation:

XID: 1941520790

Varnish cache server"

That sounds like something is failing, obviously :frowning: I would suggest you to open a ticket so the team can see exactly what’s going on with the server.

I’ve just realized something. I have the WP link checker plugin installed (the CDN plugin info page says something about a conflict with the WPLC plugin).

I’ll deactivate it and see how the migration goes. I’ve also seen that older images are kept in place.

EDIT It still shows up the error message with WPLC deactivated. I’ve opened a ticket.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.