DreamLinux

Given the name and the fact that the DreamHost guys seem to like Debian, it would have been a natural partnership. :slight_smile:

Have you tried the distribution yet? If so, how does it compare to Ubuntu/Kubuntu for general desktop use?

Hmmm… I just checked out the distribution homepage and it seems to resemble OSX, at least superficially. Also, it seems to be primarily (only?) for Portuguese speakers.

I guess I should download the distribution and check it out myself. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the heads up.

Mark

–
Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEFIFTY[/color] ( Click for details )

Their home page is only Portuguese speakers, but the dist is aviable in english and Portuguese.

Is this the future dist for Dreamhost’s servers? probably not, but it’s a fun thought.

-Matttail

Thanks for the info, I missed the small English section on the homepage (I didn’t scroll down far enough:)

Yeah, it is. I guess if you strip the desktop from DreamLinux you would end up with straight Debian, which DreamHost is already using.

Mark

–
Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEFIFTY[/color] ( Click for details )

Me too. :slight_smile:

But things are fairly busy here, so I probably won’t get around to having a good look at it for a few days.

Mark

–