Dreamhost wiki breakage

First off let me say that I know you guys still have way bigger fish to fry right now, but please keep an upgrade to the Dreamhost support wiki in mind. It’s becoming very difficult to use between the constant session drops and “save button = preview button” problems.

1.4.x is beyond obsolete at this point and it’s really hindering our ability to answer support questions for you. :wink:

Are you dicussing the mediawiki at wiki.dreamhost.com?

Has anyone else seen the issues reported? I haven’t, but I haven’t spent a lot of time on the wiki.

If we can dupe it, we should report it to support.

I’d be shocked if it were that far out of date but once again, I haven’t checked. Considering the current one-click install is 1.8.2, 1.4.x would be a bit old and possibly dangerous to have running.

Wholly

Many of the regular contributors to the DreamHost Wiki have pleaded with DreamHost employees to upgrade the application to a more recent version, but our entreaties have fallen on deaf ears. The most we could get out of them is a comment about it being “low down on the list of things to do.”

The session and save/preview problems are just the tip of the iceberg, to be frank. There are also administration and security issues that demand an upgrade.

Simon Jessey | Keystone Websites
Save $97 on yearly plans with promo code [color=#CC0000]SCJESSEY97[/color]

He is talking about the software that runs wiki.dreamhost.com, I have also seen the issues he just mentioned, it has been reported to support, and it is “that far out of date”.

It would be nice if someone could find the time to update this!

–rlparker

[quote]pleaded with DreamHost

[/quote]

http://discussion.dreamhost.com/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=forum_troubleshooting&Number=61545

You are welcome to a refund.-Michael;Comparing ‘DH of today’ with ‘DH of old’ does not serve much purpose.-Dallas

That might explain why so many of us update it so infrequently. It’d suck to get most of the way through the post to lose an article.

I do agree that with 500 open issues the wiki updates are not as critical.

Wholly