Dreamhost uptime?

I’ve been on Dreamhost for less than a week but my sites have already experienced some significant downtime. Of course the statistics say my sites have been up 100% but they’re all down as I write this. Is this common? The downtime I mean.

the downtime is not common at all (I’ve experienced none lately by the way), but the misreported uptime in the panel is notoriously innaccurate

[color=#0000CC]jason[/color]

I believe one of the DH employees mentioned that they’re going through a lot of hardware upgrades and replacements right now. I think all of the random downtime is due to that.

MacManX.com

Lol, there’s destined to be downtime every now and then; upgrades, fixes, minor errors, overloads, etc…

And as for the DH Statistical uptime of 100%… Why would they tell you anything less? That’s probably static text, anway, only changes if they manually change it.

It’s not static at all, there’s problem however with how it tabulates downtime, what it considers downtime, what triggers a downtime report, something along those lines. It’s a known issue.

[color=#0000CC]jason[/color]

[quote]Lol, there’s destined to be downtime every now and then;
upgrades, fixes, minor errors, overloads, etc…

[/quote]

Yeah, it’s funny if you don’t value uptime. LOL!!!

[quote]And as for the DH Statistical uptime of 100%… Why would
they tell you anything less?

[/quote]

Hmmm, I don’t know… honesty maybe? Or is that a thing of the past.

I understand that their stats page isn’t accurate, that doesn’t really bother me so much. Uptime is a pretty important thing though, I don’t think many here would argue that. Except you maybe.

Thanks MacMan,

At least it’s for a good reason. :slight_smile:

I never said anything about the value of uptime. I value uptime… Otherwise, I couldn’t run my business. o.O